qb's point of view running the option.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, and he left out the first read to determine the strong and weak sides of the field. It's hellishly complex for QBs, but not so much for the rest of the skill players (provided they can block). It's also difficult for the OLs; trying to get to your block has become harder as Ds adjust to stop 2nd level blocks. But that comes with time. As they say up at Annapolis, the O picks up when the leaves change. That's because of the blocking. I'm expecting to see that soon with us.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes, and he left out the first read to determine the strong and weak sides of the field. It's hellishly complex for QBs, but not so much for the rest of the skill players (provided they can block). It's also difficult for the OLs; trying to get to your block has become harder as Ds adjust to stop 2nd level blocks. But that comes with time. As they say up at Annapolis, the O picks up when the leaves change. That's because of the blocking. I'm expecting to see that soon with us.
Do you understand how the QB and Bback communicate as to who gets the ball during that option read? It's been discussed here and perhaps I missed the correct answer.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Wish I did. I've read what Coach's GSU playbook says about it, but I'm too much of a neophyte to translate that into what I see on film. Obviously, a lot of this is craft training by word of mouth. LongestDay had a good insight by pointing out that JT seems to look down the line when it's an option and right at the BB when it isn't, but I'm betting that the coaches are already on his case about that. It's too good a tell for a deep MLB.