QB1 Predictions

Who will be behind center for our first offensive series?

• Lucas Johnson

Votes: 124 73.8%
  • Tobias Oliver

Votes: 38 22.6%
  • James Graham

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I have heard Tobias because of his experience(especially the VT game) and a heavy spread option game plan and I have also heard LJ and a short passing game with lots of screens to make up for our OL and Clemson's DL.

So get ready for James Graham and an air it out offense lol

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I heard LJ is #1 and JG is #2, they’ve been trying TO out at different positions during practice according to a peer of mine who works with the team.
I have heard Tobias because of his experience(especially the VT game) and a heavy spread option game plan and I have also heard LJ and a short passing game with lots of screens to make up for our OL and Clemson's DL.

So get ready for James Graham and an air it out offense lol

I can see both of these scenarios playing out. Or neither.

I know our QBs are similar in their dual-threat nature, but they are also different. Can't be easy for Clemson's D staff to fully prepare a bunch of new faces for what they might see.

If nothing else, speculation is just fun!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Personally, I would go with Graham because I think he is the most talented and will eventually be the QB this year but I can understand any of the 3. I'm cool with all 3 and will support whoever the Minister of Mayhem chooses.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally, I would go with Graham because I think he is the most talented and will eventually be the QB this year but I can understand any of the 3. I'm cool with all 3 and will support whoever the Minister of Mayhem chooses.

From what I’ve seen from practice and the spring game, Graham has been more mistake prone, which is not ideal against such a good defense.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
From what I’ve seen from practice and the spring game, Graham has been more mistake prone, which is not ideal against such a good defense.
Yeah I agree. He plays too loose sometimes but with that also comes big plays. I think the best thing for him is to throw him out there and get experience with meaningful snaps.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure how to answer the poll. :D Is it who is our starter, or who is behind center on the first play, or who is behind center for the entire first series? Because my opinion is it could be a different answer for all 3. I will be shocked if Lucas Johnson isn't our main QB. But that doesn't preclude us from running trick plays or using other QBs in certain situations, like how we used to bring Matthew Johnson in for goal line plays.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think we're going to start with all three lined-up side by side at shot-gun depth.

The Center will use his Brent-Key-Jedi Training to read the D and snap the ball to the appropriate QB based on defensive alignment.