QB Transfer from Temple

Deleted member 2897

Possibly a new transfer QB? Says he quit football but now is transferring to tech. Was a 3 star recruit out of high school.

Had offers from Harvard, Yale, Columbia, and Brown so he's got a mega-brain under that helmet.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
He lists himself as "QB at Georgia Tech" in his twitter bio so he certainly believes he's a Jacket.

Just a few months ago this article came out describing him leaving football after a concussion knocked him out for the year.
https://www.inquirer.com/college-sp...Account&cid=Philly.com+Sports+Twitter+Account
It also lists his relationship with Patenaude as a main reason he went to Temple. From SC so it makes sense to get a bit closer to home.
Very curious...

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Might want a true backup QB with experience who can run the system. Yates must not be performing well and Chayden is too young

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Could be coming in as an "assistant" to help with the younger guys.
This was my thought exactly. He may or may not compete for an opportunity to play (I really have no idea about his skills), but if he wanted to move into coaching, this is not a bad way to do it.

Edit: He's younger than I thought. If he truly is a RS Sophomore (with 3 years eligibility), he might be looking to compete. My thought is he either has a 1 year scholly try-out or has come in as a non-scholarship player.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Will he be on scholarship here? If that's the case, then we will have 5 scholarship QBs. Is that typical? Also, I'm not sure where we're at on overall roster numbers or whether there's additional scholarship spots this year because of COVID.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Um, guys...this is a really good transfer. Don't know his competition in HS in South Carolina, but he made some pretty impressive throws. He can move on the run as well and pick up chunks of yardage. BIG kid at 6'5 230 lbs.

Not sure his exact role here, but the guy will make the QB competition better. One thing that stands out after some research is how accurate he's been every year they have stats recorded for him.

Deleted member 2897

Um, guys...this is a really good transfer. Don't know his competition in HS in South Carolina, but he made some pretty impressive throws. He can move on the run as well and pick up chunks of yardage. BIG kid at 6'5 230 lbs.

Not sure his exact role here, but the guy will make the QB competition better. One thing that stands out after some research is how accurate he's been every year they have stats recorded for him.

His competition was likely horrible. That's a small niche Christian high academic boarding school where you can actually live full time on campus or be what they call a day student. Those that do live on campus are like 95% international students. But that being said, you can certainly spot his skills in the tape.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
He started a game at temple last year. I don’t think he’s coming here to just be a coach on training.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He started a game at temple last year. I don’t think he’s coming here to just be a coach on training.
I think part of that thought was that he was out for a year with a concussion protocol and that he had decided to leave football. If he decided he wanted to get into coaching, then transferring to the coaches that recruited him originally (especially if he had a great relationship with them) wouldn't be a bad idea. My original thought was he only had 1 year left, but turns out he has 3, which changes the dynamic.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
His competition was likely horrible. That's a small niche Christian high academic boarding school where you can actually live full time on campus or be what they call a day student. Those that do live on campus are like 95% international students. But that being said, you can certainly spot his skills in the tape.

Concur. His HS competition here in SC was non-existent. He would easily be the best kid on the field 99.9% of the time. Regardless, great football players sometimes emerge from these small, private schools. (Michael Oher) As he was initially recruited by this staff to Temple, I am assuming they know full well what they are getting in him, and if they are willing to let him come to GT, then that means they think he is valuable to the program. That's good enough for me.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Concur. His HS competition here in SC was non-existent. He would easily be the best kid on the field 99.9% of the time. Regardless, great football players sometimes emerge from these small, private schools. (Michael Oher) As he was initially recruited by this staff to Temple, I am assuming they know full well what they are getting in him, and if they are willing to let him come to GT, then that means they think he is valuable to the program. That's good enough for me.
How about our own Marco Coleman played 8 man football in hi school!!!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I assume that the GT medical staff/doctors have already evaluated him medically due to his concussions and determined that it was “safe” for him to continue to pursue a football career?