QB Johnson injured - UPDATE

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
How about 4th and 17 against BC in Ireland? JeT was able to connect in the clutch many times in his career(mostly in 14 and 16).

Great example. Our offense was effective on 3rd and 4th and long bc JT was a threat to run AND he could make actual throws. Not just play action, they’re wide open, throw it over the top type throws. He could hit back-shoulders, crossers, and in the case against BC - down the seam between the backers and safeties. When we have a qb who can make those types of throws our offense is as good as any in long stakes situations. I love taquon’s legs and his arm strength isn’t bad but I did not see him make those types of plays last year. Hopefully he’ll develop some this year.

Deleted member 2897

Well, my prediction that Lucas would be QB4 looks to be coming true, sadly.

Deleted member 2897

It’s going to be a helluva QB battle next spring.

I expect TO and JG to beat him out and he’ll end up QB3 next year. Remember how critical many people were of Matthew Jordan (especially his passing) and yet he beat LJ too. Some people are just not durable unfortunately.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I expect TO and JG to beat him out and he’ll end up QB3 next year. Remember how critical many people were of Matthew Jordan (especially his passing) and yet he beat LJ too. Some people are just not durable unfortunately.
He was a Redshirt FRESHMAN and MJ was a redshirt Junior. CPJ said it was a non contact injury, that has nothing to do with durability. He has had a hamstring issue and played in that years spring game and banged his hand on a helmet in spring game.

Deleted member 2897

He was a Redshirt FRESHMAN and MJ was a redshirt Junior. CPJ said it was a non contact injury, that has nothing to do with durability. He has had a hamstring issue and played in that years spring game and banged his hand on a helmet in spring game.

All true. Some people are just bit with the injury bug. I think all the time TO and JG are going to get in practice and in games is going to continue to help them advance.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
At a time like this, I think of Jay Jones' decision 8 months ago to transfer because he was #3 and didn't think he'd get to play QB. I also think of Marcus Marshall transferring because he was #2 behind Mills (who would never play another down for Tech). I sure didn't want to see those guys leave. They left good opportunities at GT that were still there for them.

Last edited:

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Taquon will have bulls-eye on his chest this year. Our opponents will hit him hard on every play, thinking that if they knock him out of the game, they will take away our execution and will throttle our offense...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And on that play, Justin made a HELL of a play to evade the rusher to even get the throw off. Crazy to think that our dynamite 2014 team was that close (along with the fumbled pitch by GSU that was initially ruled an incomplete and then overturned on review) to blowing an 18 point lead to GSU at home.
We lost to Duke and UNC then caught fire.
This year we could be up and down