QB Draw

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Can I just say that I love the QB draw with Thomas? So much potential to get him into space with an extra blocker in my opinion. I have always liked that play, and this year's team seems perfectly suited for it. Laskey has done a good job blocking for it, and I can't imagine a better setup for Synjyn. PJ has always run it a lot in goal line situations, but I think using it in midfield situations could be big for us this year.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Agreed. And the better we pass, the more effective it becomes. And the more effective it becomes, the easier it will be to pass.

One of the plays last year that Vad was good on the ground for. JT takes it to a whole nother level.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I thought we should have used it more Saturday. Several times on 3rd down, in the second half, I was yelling for JT to run it and we threw an incompletion.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that the call has much more potential for a big play with JT. But I think part of the success this year is that we have shown the ability to actually complete some passes. They aren't looking for the draw. With previous quarterbacks the other team kinda expected it in passing situations since we were so damned awful at the pass game. They'd have defenders standing at the line of scrimmage waiting for it.

Declinometer

Banned
How about the outside QB keep when Laskey takes the fake and goes outside and blocks with JT cutting it up inside? Hv not seen this too much.