Q&A with Justin Thomas

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
I am far from an expert but it really looks like they are running a lot of true triple option now as opposed to designated gives. I know it is impossible to know completely whether there is a designed give but he really seems to be riding the B back mesh a long time which is a great sign. To me the past couple of games the option plays on TV looked "slow" in a good way, meaning it seemed like Justin had a lot of time making his reads even though he is running it very fast. I just hope he keeps making it look even easier.

Ugasux

Georgia Tech Fan
Sounds like he is enjoying the moment right now! So glad he wanted to be a QB!
Yes thank you for wanting to play QB!!!!!!
With all the problems Alabama has had in their secondary, I wonder how Justin would have fit in at corner back for the Tide.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am far from an expert but it really looks like they are running a lot of true triple option now as opposed to designated gives. I know it is impossible to know completely whether there is a designed give but he really seems to be riding the B back mesh a long time which is a great sign. To me the past couple of games the option plays on TV looked "slow" in a good way, meaning it seemed like Justin had a lot of time making his reads even though he is running it very fast. I just hope he keeps making it look even easier.
You are correct. We are running more true TO. If you watch closely, we are leaving a player on the end of the line unblocked most of the time now when there is a BB MESH. Plus, CPJ confirmed as much on the radio show Monday night. Good observation.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Reminds me of Roddy,
His pitches now are not floating like they were in the fall scrimmages, there was one that was an awsome pitch verse Miami that had me cringe on my seat as the guy reached out for it and it just missed his finger tips, (Great athletic pitch)
Proud of his leadership

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To date JT is the chicken in the gt offense chicken soup. Without him it is vegetable soup.

Next year we need a non factory lb or dt like say mike singltary ( Baylor then all pro at da bears ) to come be dominant on defense. Maybe one of the 2015 recruits will suprise.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You are correct. We are running more true TO. If you watch closely, we are leaving a player on the end of the line unblocked most of the time now when there is a BB MESH. Plus, CPJ confirmed as much on the radio show Monday night. Good observation.
Also, as Longestday so astutely observed, JT's eyes are on his read keys at the mesh now instead of looking into the backfield.