Q&A 4-13 thru 4-14

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Re: Q&A 4-13 thru 4-14

How'd you get into covering GT sports? I know you worked for rivals and all that, But were you a long time fan before that?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

JazzyD95 said:
How'd you get into covering GT sports? I know you worked for rivals and all that, But were you a long time fan before that?

Yes, I grew up a GT fan. I've been going to games since around 11 years old.

KevinSC

Georgia Tech Fan

What do you think the chances are of Step pulling the trigger next weekend? What are the chances Burden plays this season or takes a medical? I know it will depend on rehab and he will miss practice and would not be back till after the season starts, but he will need game reps with Finch graduating.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

KevinSC said:
What do you think the chances are of Step pulling the trigger next weekend? What are the chances Burden plays this season or takes a medical? I know it will depend on rehab and he will miss practice and would not be back till after the season starts, but he will need game reps with Finch graduating.

I was actually optimistic that he was going to last visit...but it appears he wants to wait and visit more schools before he makes his commitment. He said he plans to make a commit during his Senior year. However if has an amazing visit there's always a chance...going in I do not expect a commit.

I am not sure the extent of the injruy yet...I'm hoping we see him at least by later in the year. As you said he needs snaps this year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

PowderSpringsJacket88 said:
Do you think our offense will be much better this year?

It will be hard to top some of our stats from last year.

Last year we averaged 441 yards a game and scored almost 34 a game.

Per play we averaged 6.2 yards.

Those are some good stats.

I don't think those are stats we will top this year.

I think we will still have a very very good offense and I expect more out of the passing attack this year

Jn4heisman

Jolly Good Fellow

It has been said that GT is still in the mix for DT Andrew Brown. What are the chances?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Jn4heisman said:
It has been said that GT is still in the mix for DT Andrew Brown. What are the chances?

He had GT in his top 10 early on but we were near the back...I think he has us listed still but basically no shot.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

I believe Pelton is recruiting him.
I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't look like Tech will be landing the siblings Williams and Autry. They could really have a great immediate impact.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

GTonTop88 said:
What 4-star recruits do we have a legitimate shot at landing, and 5-star if any?

Step Durham is the main one.

Malkolm Parrish and Marcus Allen will likely end up 4*s.

Jesse Aniebonam also is one to keep a eye on.

Myles Autry could be.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

What's the deal on WR T. Googer?

You have any info on prospective transfers-in that we've denied? Just curious.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

What are the guys saying about the OL and DL development?

It seems like a lot of young OL are getting playing time. Besides the bad snaps, are there any surprises? guys not as far along as expected? furhter along than expected?

What the deal with the DL? The Roof and Pelton quotes I've seen seem to focus on how far we still have to go to develop the DL, but the scrimmage reports seem to be pretty positive.

Is it simply that our DL 1's are older and stronger than the OL 2's that they are competing against?

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow

What team (besides UGA/Clemson/VT) do you think will be the hardest for Tech to beat this year?

(I think BYU will be tough if our defense doesn't continue to improve)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Anymore questions feel free to ask...I will answer them all at one time in a few hours.