Proud of OUR head coach

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Coach Collins had a press conference yesterday, and here are two articles about his comments. I hope every Georgia Tech fan, student-athlete and recruit reads them. I firmly believe this is moment where history will remember those "leaders" who were silent or resisted change. It makes me proud to see our head coach leading the way with not just some canned statements but real talk.

https://theathletic.com/1851395/

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-effect-social-change/4k83uIbawAjtXCb7RyfJUN/

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think we should also really appreciate that the groundwork for this really tense topic being embraced by our team especially during the COVID-19 pandemic has been laid by Collins, staff, and players throughout their time together. Getting to know each other personally and truly converse regularly with the capacity to appreciate and respect differences is in our DNA, to use a Collins turn of phrase.

Also note what Collins is saying. He is not being the authority on right and wrong nor dictating what the team is going to do. He is providing some wisdom about what represents real action and making sure the platform for the team to lead the work is set while ensuring individual resources are in place for those who need them.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I will admit to being uncertain at the start of his hiring with his communication style and heavy reliance on "Culture Building", but these last few months have shown he wasn't throwing up a smoke screen and was in reality putting in the work to be able to support our guys and staff through adversity.

I could not be more proud of what we have seen from the staff and players communicating out into the world. Sport is a game, and we are talking about lives and reality while facing down a global pandemic coupled with centuries long mistrust/frustration/violence between large swaths of our communities and the police forces which are built to keep order and safety.

I know this isn't the political forum and I am not trying to get into a discussion on who is right or wrong but to mention that we are doing the institute proud while focusing on progress and service