Proud of Our Guys

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am not proud we lost, but our guys played harder than I have ever seen them play. That is what I am proud of.

For what it is worth, i thought CPJ called a good game.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Todd, I'm proud of the young men who played their hearts out. If you don't comprehend the pain, the work, the effort and the sacrifices these young men endure then you can't appreciate them. God, Tech has some of the worst fans I have ever seen. No one hates this loss more than but I damn sure support these players each and every game!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys there is no non support but this is a football game, we lost after a 20 point lead at home.

Screw all this touchy freely crap, someone needs to light a fire under Tech's AD and get rid of this BS good game get em next time attitude.

We blew a 20 point lead TO GEORGIA ! and y'all are proud ?

I don't get it

I'm in the same boat with Todd. I couldn't be more pleased with the effort our young men gave tonight. However, let's not forget that we just lost at home to a first time starter when UGA also had 4 or 5 other starters (top 2 WR's for instance) out for the season. CPJ is now 1-6 versus UGA and his record versus the "decent" teams on our schedule is horrendous. Virginia Tech, Miami, UGA, and Clemson absolutely own us and thank God that BYU is coming off the schedule because they're 2-0 versus us as well.

It's also noteworthy to point out that, while we beat Duke, we did it with their backup QB playing that day because Boone was injured and couldn't play.

Some will point out that we went to the ACCCG last year but I will counter with the fact that we did it with a record of 6-6 because every other team in the Coastal was more inept or had more handcuffs on their players and couldn't attend.

We're paying twice the money we paid Gailey for essentially the same record.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
  1. Talked to Gary Lee yesterday and he told me if Paul didn't win today, fire him before the sun came up Sunday. I gave him my opinion why we shouldn't and him and his wife respected it and thought I made valid points. His biggest beef is with recruiting and the offense, what came across to me anyways. After blowing a 20 point lead in a dominating fashion, calls going our way, breaks going our way, and still losing, Gary you are right, sir. This is on the H.N.I.C. And Vad Lee is the player of the game for us hands down.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
This loss hurts a lot. I feel it too, it sucks.

Our guys put us in a position to win, and we came up short. This is real life, and sometimes you lose. Ask Saban. Should we have won? The odds makers said no even with the injuries, and they make a living giving odds. Is the future dim for us? I dont think so, but that is just my opinion.

All I am saying with this thread is our guys fought with all their heart, and I salute them for that. They will go far in life with their Tech degree.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
This loss hurts a lot. I feel it too, it sucks.

Our guys put us in a position to win, and we came up short. This is real life, and sometimes you lose. Ask Saban. Should we have won? The odds makers said no even with the injuries, and they make a living giving odds. Is the future dim for us? I dont think so, but that is just my opinion.

All I am saying with this thread is our guys fought with all their heart, and I salute them for that. They will go far in life with their Tech degree.
I agree. They came out with a chip and didn't get pile drived on their heads with out retaliation. Players excuted, coaches were the duds.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Dumbest call of the night was the toss sweep on 3rd and 2 in 2OT. Can't call a play that can lose that much yardage. Give it to Sims and worst case scenario you have 4th and 1. Also on Vad's second interception, not sure why we threw it there either.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This group believed they could beat Uga. I thought CPj called a decent game. Actually put this on Roof. I'm still pissed, but Vad Lee became a man tonight. Lot of positives to take away, even though we came up short.
Our D played real good for a qtr and a 3/4 and then became swiss cheese the entire rest of the way. The offense came out on fire then struggled mightily as well. The exact same was true for the mutts only in reverse, they struggled early on both sides of the ball then turned it around.

It came down to a handful of plays, one in particular. Uga went for it on 4th down with 9 minutes to go and losing by 10. We get that one stop and we win the game. It all boiled down to a few key plays and Uga made them when it mattered and we didn't.