Projected Starting Lineup

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
More like speculation, but I think Yates ends up starting against Clemson. I think we were keeping him in the bullpen last year with that redshirt for him to learn the offense.

From what we’ve seen he seemed to do very well in spring practice. With much importance as CGC puts on practice I think he has a decent chance to start even though he didn’t start last year. Obviously we have a lot more practice left to see if he’ll get it.

I personally wasn’t impressed with Graham’s decision making last year (granted it was a totally new offense and he didn’t always have that much time to make decisions). We’ll see if Yates can prove that he can run the offense better in practice

What do y’all think? Do you think Sims or Gleason might prove themselves later down the stretch of the season? Do you think we’ll let them keep their redshirt?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been to practices, so I don't know, but I really am hoping someone comes in and forces the coaches to have to play them at the QB, DL, and LB positions. I think it's pretty apparent that already is in the works for a revamped OL.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
More like speculation, but I think Yates ends up starting against Clemson. I think we were keeping him in the bullpen last year with that redshirt for him to learn the offense.

From what we’ve seen he seemed to do very well in spring practice. With much importance as CGC puts on practice I think he has a decent chance to start even though he didn’t start last year. Obviously we have a lot more practice left to see if he’ll get it.

I personally wasn’t impressed with Graham’s decision making last year (granted it was a totally new offense and he didn’t always have that much time to make decisions). We’ll see if Yates can prove that he can run the offense better in practice

What do y’all think? Do you think Sims or Gleason might prove themselves later down the stretch of the season? Do you think we’ll let them keep their redshirt?
It depends on what the long term plan is from the coaching staff. If they want max wins as early as possible, I think we'll see Sims/Gleason earlier, likely most of this season. If they want to build the roster with one more class and further install the culture while putting less emphasis on wins.

I don't think Graham put the bar very high from last year and I also think Yates was very decisive and fairly effective at the end of the vpisu game last year. I think it could really be a 4-way battle during camp.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

With 3 wins we must have kept a lot of players in the bullpen

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
With 3 wins we must have kept a lot of players in the bullpen

Not really. The reasons for 3 wins was a decimated offensive line and we had no QB. That’s it. Collins played a lot of players. Some want to blame Collins or Patenaude or whatever. But this is what you get when you run a program on a wing and a prayer and then the coach retires. I love Johnson and he was a magic man essentially winning a lot of ball games with magic dust and a handful of players. But he never built a year to year program where it was plug and play. I love the guy but that’s the simple truth. Collins is in the middle of building a program that will never see 3 wins a year after his build is further along. A year like 2015 won’t be possible because we’ll have depth and talent and won’t have to rely on a singular player like we did with Thomas for several seasons. Think, Auburn. 7 wins is a guarantee and the talent will give us a chance every 3-4 years to win double digits. That’s what Collins is building.