Projected NCAA Baseball Regional Brackets

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
In its RPI rankings, it is interesting that D1 Baseball ranks Georgia Southern at no. 10. They project the Eagles as the no. 2 seed behind Miami at the Coral Gables Regional.

They rank Georgia Tech’s RPI at no. 27.

And look where they place Clemson.

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
And apparently SEC schools aren't allowed to travel ALL THE WAY up to the state of Virginia for the post-season. Result is 2 ACC teams (VT & UVA) likely get smaller "regional" teams & some from northeast. Irritating to me.

Contrast that with who comes to Atlanta every time Ga Tech hosts. The very best SEC team that isn't hosting.

Yes... I'll admit this is bitter loser talk; but the shoe fits [me] these days.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
In its RPI rankings, it is interesting that D1 Baseball ranks Georgia Southern at no. 10. They project the Eagles as the no. 2 seed behind Miami at the Coral Gables Regional.

They rank Georgia Tech’s RPI at no. 27.

And look where they place Clemson.
Playing local Georgia teams helps Southern's RPI quite a bit. But if you look deeper, they're 7-11 in Q1 games. I'm not sure they'll get real consideration for a host spot.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At least the A&M coach is admitting he's canceling a game because he sees only a downside to playing it when considering post season implications. On the other hand... if the Aggies do end up on hosting bubble... I'd love if if the committee specifically sites this cancelation as the reason A&M is the 2 seed in Blacksburg. :p