ProJackets Update

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Now that I live closer to JAX than ATL, and given how they'll actually take on GT players, I might just have to switch my almost six-decade long fan allegiance from the Falcons. It doesn't hurt that it has been 5.4 decades of heartbreak interspersed with a 0.6 good decades. Maybe now's the time to change it up and become a Jag...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Now that I live closer to JAX than ATL, and given how they'll actually take on GT players, I might just have to switch my almost six-decade long fan allegiance from the Falcons. It doesn't hurt that it has been 5.4 decades of heartbreak interspersed with a 0.6 good decades. Maybe now's the time to change it up and become a Jag...
Maybe wait a year.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
It's possible to root for the Jackets in Jags uniforms while still not being a fan of the Jags... just sayin' :ROFLMAO:. I had a similar problem when any of our beloved Jackets ended up in a Cowpunks uniform as I grew up in the DMV and always hated that team.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I have a place in Saint Simons now and May just make them my AFC team.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
May be some bad news for our guys tomorrow.....

They predict cuts for Cottrell, Davis and Camp. Gotsis should be ok.
If they cut Camp, I hope my Seahawks jump on grabbing him. I think that would be a big mistake for JAX.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
If they cut Camp, I hope my Seahawks jump on grabbing him. I think that would be a big mistake for JAX.
The Falcons ought to get him to pair with Pitts and Ridley. A tight-end who runs like a WR and a WR who is as big/strong as some tight-ends would be a nice addition. But, alas, we know that the Falcon's are organizationally opposed to GT players.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The Falcons ought to get him to pair with Pitts and Ridley. A tight-end who runs like a WR and a WR who is as big/strong as some tight-ends would be a nice addition. But, alas, we know that the Falcon's are organizationally opposed to GT players.
And I’ve never quite understood why the Falcons are like that. Tech hasn’t necessarily been overflowing with NFL prospects recently, but it’s a Power 5 school in their own backyard. They don’t even have to leave the city. Then again, NFL teams miss out on hometown greats all the time. Ask me how I feel about watching Buddha Baker suit up for the Cards because Carroll wanted McDowell

slugboy

Staff member
There are a lot of cuts that other teams are interested in. There’s at least one more round of cuts coming as released players get picked up.
For example, Cam Newton is playing somewhere next year—just not in New England.
JAX seems to like Camp for practice squad. The next week is gonna be a tough one for players on the bubble—both the “last 5 in” and “the top 5 out”. Good luck to the guys trying to latch on.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where that comes from. A mainstay 1st round draft pick middle linebacker was there for years and years. Others have been there too.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where that comes from. A mainstay 1st round draft pick middle linebacker was there for years and years. Others have been there too.
Just being snarky. ;) But it doesn't feel like we get many into their system, even if they don't stick. The Jags picked up four drafted/undrafted. It just seems weird that we don't get any flyers with the Falcons.

And I know that the fans of the Suburban Journalism School think that the Falcon's intentionally snub all their five stars.