ProJackets Update

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
So if kansas city wins, What other jackets have 2 rings as players? Just Shaq right?

Great trivia question. The first to do this was Bill Curry. He played center for Super Bowl I Champs, the Green Bay Packers followed by Super Bowl V Champs, the Baltimore Colts. He missed getting a ring in Super Bowl III when Baltimore lost to the NY Jets.

Has any former Jackets won 3 Super Bowl rings?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Great trivia question. The first to do this was Bill Curry. He played center for Super Bowl I Champs, the Green Bay Packers followed by Super Bowl V Champs, the Baltimore Colts. He missed getting a ring in Super Bowl III when Baltimore lost to the NY Jets.

Has any former Jackets won 3 Super Bowl rings?
Bill Curry actually let me hold his Colts Super Bowl ring. It was huge. And is my favorite Super Bowl ring design ever. He had come to the old Lunch Bunch and spoken and afterwards I went over and thanked him and told him that my Father In Law is a HUGE Baltimore Colts fan and when I went to GT and my FIL found out Bill Curry was our coach and had played at GT he was very excited. Coach Curry had on the ring and showed it to me and I was a total fanboy about it. I was not even embarrassed a little about how I was being a total fanboy. It was a very cool moment for me.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Bill Curry actually let me hold his Colts Super Bowl ring. It was huge. And is my favorite Super Bowl ring design ever. He had come to the old Lunch Bunch and spoken and afterwards I went over and thanked him and told him that my Father In Law is a HUGE Baltimore Colts fan and when I went to GT and my FIL found out Bill Curry was our coach and had played at GT he was very excited. Coach Curry had on the ring and showed it to me and I was a total fanboy about it. I was not even embarrassed a little about how I was being a total fanboy. It was a very cool moment for me.
Yea, my Grandfather was a huge fan but lost his love after Bill was pushing North American Thrift Notes in TV adds back around 1970-74. He lost 80k and was no longer a fan. He passed in 1977 but I’m sure he rolled over in his grave when Bill was named the head coach of his beloved jackets. Bill was one of a dozen or so of his favorites.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Butker went something like 34 of 37 this year. That is just ridiculous.

I remember in 1998 Gary Anderson became the first kicker to ever go 100% in FG and XP for the entire regular season. Played in all 16 games. First miss that season was in the NFCCG and it allowed the Falcons to kick a FG in OT to get to the Super Bowl.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Butker the only chiefs player who didn’t have a trash game
With what was going on around that team leading up to the game, I can't be critical. Andy Reid does not deserve that stuff, and now it will hover over him while his son is being sued for everything he owns, and rightfully so; I have no quibble there because the hurt and harm he caused will live with the victim and family forever. But a father can't escape it and I have to wonder if he will walk away.