ProJackets Update

bos

Helluva Engineer
LOVE this kind of stuff from our former SAs:

Back in 2010, sporting news named him one of the top 20 smartest athletes in sports.

17. Sean Bedford, C, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

On-field accomplishments: 2009 All-ACC first team, on the preseason watch lists for the Outland and Rimington trophies.

Major, GPA: Aerospace engineering and public policy (minor in law science and technology), 3.8

SAT score: 1520. I didn't study. I took it three times. First one in seventh grade and got 1130. The next time in 10th grade and got 1400.

Off-field/intellectual interests: I've always been fascinated with the space program. ... I'd love to be an astronaut. At the moment, being (6-1, 281), none of them are quite as big as I am.

What I'm reading now: Right now, I'm reading The Prince, by Machiavelli. After that, I'll move on to Paradise Lost, by Milton. I try to keep it to one a week, and if I have spare time, pick it up more.

Nerdiest thing about me: When I was 7 or 8 years old, I could give you the name of not only every NASA mission from the first Mercury flights to the end of the Apollo program, I could name the crew and give a brief synopsis of each mission.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Back in 2010, sporting news named him one of the top 20 smartest athletes in sports.

On-field accomplishments: 2009 All-ACC first team, on the preseason watch lists for the Outland and Rimington trophies.

Major, GPA: Aerospace engineering and public policy (minor in law science and technology), 3.8

SAT score: 1520. I didn't study. I took it three times. First one in seventh grade and got 1130. The next time in 10th grade and got 1400.

Off-field/intellectual interests: I've always been fascinated with the space program. ... I'd love to be an astronaut. At the moment, being (6-1, 281), none of them are quite as big as I am.

What I'm reading now: Right now, I'm reading The Prince, by Machiavelli. After that, I'll move on to Paradise Lost, by Milton. I try to keep it to one a week, and if I have spare time, pick it up more.

Nerdiest thing about me: When I was 7 or 8 years old, I could give you the name of not only every NASA mission from the first Mercury flights to the end of the Apollo program, I could name the crew and give a brief synopsis of each mission.

Yup. I remember reading about how he had almost no sleep either the week of the ACCCG or UGA game because of all his AE finals. Dude was going to be successful no matter what. GT is lucky he's slumming it on Saturdays calling our games LOL.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Reading that list he should've been much higher. Shane ****ing Battier at 7? Peyton Manning with his "play football" degree?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Reading that list he should've been much higher. Shane ****ing Battier at 7? Peyton Manning with his "play football" degree?

Manning graduated with a Speech Communication degree. That's hardly a play football degree. He was also the top graduate in his major at UT that year. On the flip side, his wonderlic score was relatively low for someone who gets credited with being so smart. I think Bedfords engineering degree should have propelled him further up that list, but I have no issues with Manning.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow

Wow, it takes a lot of fuel to send an offensive lineman to space.

I love listening to his analysis of the games. I'll never forget "Oh my goodness....he's got blockers....YOU"VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!"

Sean has to bleed white and gold (as opposed to Andy and Brandon who are basically paid to be fans), and I just don't know how he keeps from swearing on air with all the penalties and turnovers.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting to see if he takes former GT WR Corey Dennis with him. If you didn't know, Corey is now the QB coach for Ohio State and is married to Urban's daughter Nikki. Dennis has become a highly rated football assistant, and has developed a reputation for being a really good recruiter. He's credited for pulling a 5 star QB away from Texas. Urban originally brought Corey on to OSU's staff as a grad assistant and he's worked his way up.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting to see if he takes former GT WR Corey Dennis with him. If you didn't know, Corey is now the QB coach for Ohio State and is married to Urban's daughter Nikki. Dennis has become a highly rated football assistant, and has developed a reputation for being a really good recruiter. He's credited for pulling a 5 star QB away from Texas. Urban originally brought Corey on to OSU's staff as a grad assistant and he's worked his way up.

Anything is possible but hey only been the QB coach for like 2 years I think. That would be a pretty big jump

Deleted member 2897

Justin Tucker has missed 2 FG already tonight and 3 in the last week. When the stats update, Harrison Butker may be the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL (he’s been #2, barely behind Justin Tucker). If my math is right, Butker is now #1.

Deleted member 2897

Windy day, Butker just nailed a 50 yarder. All time most accurate kicker right there. Drained it.

Jinxed him, he just hit the upright on an easy 33 yarder and is now 2 for 3. That miss might be enough to drop him back to #2.

Deleted member 2897

Harrison Butker is now officially the #1 most accurate field goal kicker all time in the NFL.

If you go to that site and add up Justin Tucker's numbers and Harrison Butker's numbers, you'll notice that while all their games are listed, the last games' kicks aren't currently included in this year's numbers or their career numbers. So this year Justin Tucker finished 29/35 and for his career he's 294/327 for an accuracy rate of 89.908%. Harrison Butker finished this year 29/32 and for his career he's 125/139 for an accurate rate of 89.928%.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Oh wow. What a quick rise for Shane. He was in our 2006 recruiting class so he's still really young for a coordinator at the NFL level. I guess he was in the same LB room as Ibee at GT.

Congrats to Shane. Hope the Titans have a dominant defense under him.