ProJackets Update

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How the Raiders/Chiefs/49ers use TEs is how I envision us using Leo Blackburn. That's how his HS uses him as well.

On Waller's TD last night, he was flexed out wide:

For me, Blackburn is such a match up problem in-line (as a traditional TE), in the slot, and out wide that if you keep him outside you waste the match up problems he'll present. That's what makes modern day TEs so hard to defend, they can play almost anywhere and they move around to present difficult matchups.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I had an elective class with him when I was at Tech. He was a skinny bean pole, I certainly wouldn't have thought.

Turned into a beast though.
If you saw him in the CRC later on in his GT career (i.e. throwing down windmills with his head at the rim), you might’ve thought

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
How the Raiders/Chiefs/49ers use TEs is how I envision us using Leo Blackburn. That's how his HS uses him as well.

On Waller's TD last night, he was flexed out wide:

For me, Blackburn is such a match up problem in-line (as a traditional TE), in the slot, and out wide that if you keep him outside you waste the match up problems he'll present. That's what makes modern day TEs so hard to defend, they can play almost anywhere and they move around to present difficult matchups.

Comical....corner can't keep up with a TE...:LOL:

GTRules

Georgia Tech Fan
Most likely ruined me. Although I was cheating because I preset my lineup for the rest of the year with Taysom Hill at TE before he got locked to QB. My luck has run out there.
My luck ran out when Dak got hurt. From then on out all my players underachieved buy regularly getting about 1/4 of their projected points.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My luck ran out when Dak got hurt. From then on out all my players underachieved buy regularly getting about 1/4 of their projected points.
Luckily my backup was Aaron Rodgers so I survived there. Losing Dak destroyed my RB position now because Zeke turned into Latavious Murray. Started a trio of 2nd string RB's with Pollard, Ahmed, & Wilson which pushed me into the championship round though. Just need Zeke and Gaskin to stay out one more week despite the fact I have them on my roster too. Don't need the split carries.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm still kicking ***! I've got Murray and Herbert as my backup. Waller has done me right on a number of occasions. Picked up Chubb and Ekeler when they got dropped for the IR listing. So, my RBs are Chubb, Ekeler, Kamara, and Henry. Just gotta pick the right 3.

Picked up Butt-kicker when he had his bye. He hasn't been as good in the 2nd half of the season for me.

GTRules

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm still kicking ***! I've got Murray and Herbert as my backup. Waller has done me right on a number of occasions. Picked up Chubb and Ekeler when they got dropped for the IR listing. So, my RBs are Chubb, Ekeler, Kamara, and Henry. Just gotta pick the right 3.

Picked up Butt-kicker when he had his bye. He hasn't been as good in the 2nd half of the season for me.
I've had him all season. Man, a couple of years ago he was MONEY!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

What the hell kind of league are you in where you were able to draft Henry and Kamara? I don't think that would be possible in a 4 team league with any pick. Anybody dropping Chubb and Ekeler due to temporary IR deserves to lose. I kept getting my trades rejected in a 12 team league trying to trade Justin Jefferson for Ekeler when he still had 7 more weeks on IR.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What the hell kind of league are you in where you were able to draft Henry and Kamara? I don't think that would be possible in a 4 team league with any pick. Anybody dropping Chubb and Ekeler due to temporary IR deserves to lose. I kept getting my trades rejected in a 12 team league trying to trade Justin Jefferson for Ekeler when he still had 7 more weeks on IR.
10 team league. Drafted Henry, traded Mahomes for Kamara. Traded Hopkins for Murray. Receivers are weaker: Hilton, Thielin, Kupp, Aiyuk, A. Brown. Also have Chase Edmonds as a fall back. I only have 2 players I drafted, Henry and Kupp.

I was playing the long play picking up Chubb and Ekeler. Went 11-2. 2-0 in the playoffs.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Waller had a great night against the Dolphins even though the Raiders lodt.

5 receptions, 112 yards, 6 targets, and a sports center top 10 1 handed reception. Many are calling him a top 3 if not the best TE in the league.

Happy to see him get his life turned around for the better and being so successful. The best TE Paul Johnson ever produced.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I would agree that Kelce is on top, but he is targeted much more (it seems, I’ve only watch what handful of each played games) and has a much, much better QB. Also, he plays in the best offense in the NFL. Has to be considered.

slugboy

Staff member
I think if you swapped Kelce and Waller, Waller’s numbers might go up from where they are. Las Vegas, aside from Waller, looks like a mess to me.
Kelce’s only limitation in the KC offense is that there are other players to get the ball to. Waller doesn’t have as much to worry about, there.