ProJackets Update

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Is Morgan Burnett with a team this year?

I just realized that the NFL guys from the 2009 team are in the twilight of their careers or their careers have ended. Derrick Morgan (retired), Burnett (unsigned), Demaryius Thomas (holding on in New Jersey), Jonathon Dwyer (cut 3rd year).

Man, time flies. I can still remember freezing my a$$ off in Tampa eating a turkey leg as the team was going back and forth with Clemson for the ACC Championship. One of my favorite all around college football trips.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I just realized that the NFL guys from the 2009 team are in the twilight of their careers or their careers have ended. Derrick Morgan (retired), Burnett (unsigned), Demaryius Thomas (holding on in New Jersey), Jonathon Dwyer (cut 3rd year).

Man, time flies. I can still remember freezing my a$$ off in Tampa eating a turkey leg as the team was going back and forth with Clemson for the ACC Championship. One of my favorite all around college football trips.
Its amazing how short their careers really are. I'm 29 and my career has basically just gotten started. 80% of the guys who are drafted in the NFL are done by my age and make in a year than I will in 30yrs.
2.7 million is the NFL average.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Its amazing how short their careers really are. I'm 29 and my career has basically just gotten started. 80% of the guys who are drafted in the NFL are done by my age and make in a year than I will in 30yrs.
2.7 million is the NFL average.
Hopefully Morgan, Burnett and Thomas were smart with their money and can do as they please for the rest of their lives; would add Michael Johnson to that group too. They all did very well for themselves.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck

Dwyer played 5 seasons

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Morgan, Burnett and Thomas were smart with their money and can do as they please for the rest of their lives; would add Michael Johnson to that group too. They all did very well for themselves.
Exactly. If you spend 5 years at the league average you should be set up extremely nicely.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow

Nate was sent back to practice squad, but he saw some game action. Not many players ever get on an NFL field. Good for him. Hopefully it's the start of bigger things.
Did you see him play or know anything about his play in the game other than what the article said? I don't watch the NFL - but I'd love to see him get a shot at anything. I'm wondering if he helped or hurt himself in the game or didn't have the opportunity in the plays he got to be part of...

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow

When Derrick Morgan sacked Kyle Parker, I don't think Ive ever felt so much of a relief at a Tech game