ProJackets Update

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
LOTS of GT ties here:

People give Gailey a lot of grief for his time here, but I've never heard a bad thing said about Gailey as a person. It's the same for all his time in the NFL. There's a reason why Gailey keeps getting jobs in the NFL.

Robby Brown has followed Chan pretty much everywhere he's been in the pros i.e., he's had a lot of professional success. During his time at GT, Gailey said of Brown (paraphrasing) "he's one of the most intelligent QBs you'll find. He just can't throw a lick". On a personal level, I can vouch that Brown is one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I was ready for Chan to leave. That said, in hindsight I could argue he might have had brighter days ahead if we were more patient. He went 9-5 in 2006 and got us to an ACCCG (I know what happened, I was there). Then in '07 he signed his best recruiting class, a top 20 recruiting class (i.e., to this day the greatest single season infusion of talent to GT since the advent of recruiting rankings) that he never had the opportunity to see through. It's not unreasonable to think we get back to another ACCCG with Gailey, maybe win it, who knows.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Don't get me wrong, I was ready for Chan to leave. That said, in hindsight I could argue he might have had brighter days ahead if we were more patient. He went 9-5 in 2006 and got us to an ACCCG (I know what happened, I was there). Then in '07 he signed his best recruiting class, a top 20 recruiting class (i.e., to this day the greatest single season infusion of talent to GT since the advent of recruiting rankings) that he never had the opportunity to see through. It's not unreasonable to think we get back to another ACCCG with Gailey, maybe win it, who knows.

It took Gailey some time to figure out Tech, but once he did, he became an excellent head coach. The problem was that he was the de facto OC, and at the college level, he wasn't very good at it. If Homer had been AD instead of Braine, I believe Homer would have forced him to hire a quality OC. When you consider that Gailey made half the money at which Johnson was hired, we could afford a quality OC.

I was ready for him to leave too, but Gailey should have been given another year based on the 2007 (Collins) class. Collins did a great job of getting them to the altar, but Gailey was an excellent closer. His NFL experience helped tremendously in recruiting, if not as an OC.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We all want stories!!! Lol

It’s just the business side of P5 that most don’t understand

I shattered my tibia and wanted to redshirt bc i didn’t feel like myself. He basically promised me i would be getting starter reps in game (didn’t happen), so i felt i was robbed of a season