ProJackets Update

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck

Interesting part about this for me is this is a somewhat un-Patriot like move. There was talk that they were going to let someone else pay him.

He's one of the top guards in the game, and he's still young and still improving. I'm also thinking they want to keep Brady upright, and potentially his successor. He also seems to fit the Patriot culture, at least in his dealings with the press.

Congrats Shaq! And good find Coach Mac. A fun Jacket to follow.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Our OL is typically smaller than the NFL prototype and pass blocking is not our main emphasis.

We may not turn out prototypical NFL OTs, but our guys can absolutely slide into an OG/C slot without too much adjustment. Basically the biggest hurdle is stepping back at the snap instead of lunging forward that they’re used to coming from our system. Braun and Bryan should be the next 2 to get a crack at an NFL roster.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
vw5uieozkwqq2izwwgyb.jpg

Hope Smelter makes the cut.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Smelter has been the biggest surprise in the NFL to me. Big, strong, fast, ups, really great hands (as good as anybody we've ever had, maybe better than Bay Bay), athletic, no off-field issues. I would call him the third best WR we've ever had at GT, slightly ahead of Dez White. I thought he would be an almost certain success at the next level, like a very good starter if not pro-bowl material. My only guess is that maybe the knee injury never got back to 100% with his wheels. Injuries can change you.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Probably battling Rashad Greene for that last receiver spot. Greene's been there a while though despite never actually doing anything.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Smelter has been the biggest surprise in the NFL to me. Big, strong, fast, ups, really great hands (as good as anybody we've ever had, maybe better than Bay Bay), athletic, no off-field issues. I would call him the third best WR we've ever had at GT, slightly ahead of Dez White. I thought he would be an almost certain success at the next level, like a very good starter if not pro-bowl material. My only guess is that maybe the knee injury never got back to 100% with his wheels. Injuries can change you.
I thought the same exact thing. I even said that he was a better overall receiver while at Tech than Bay Bay.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Absolutely. Smelter was fantastic. Maybe not better than Bay Bay, but he was so good. He's the type of go-to receiver we've been missing since he left(all due respect to Ricky, also a really good receiver). Smelter just had a knack for the clutch catch and I can't remember him ever dropping a pass.

That first TD against UGAg in 2013 gives me chills...BDS was going nuts.