Progress slow for Tech Offensive Line

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's Sewak not Sewall. I take it the offensive line is not having a great spring. I wonder how many guys are actually participating?

Go Jackets!

So, you've decided to stop calling him Womack? (y)

Since Coach Todd Spencer was fired, we have not had much production out of the tackle slot. It seems like Womack and Johnson are so focused on the middle of the line (Centers and Guards) that they view the tackle position as just as nuisance you have to man with some one. We have enough talent to have a very legitimate offensive line but I don't see the coaching staff placing the right level of emphasis and focus on making sure we have a quality player at each position. I'm hoping Chris Griffin is a natural and we do have the wisdom to move Braun out to a tackle spot and not keep him on the bench waiting to play guard. I think you can write off Chase Roberts. I have never heard of anyone having ongoing head problems after a consussion for this long. Even severe auto accident type victims. He apparently is not going to recover enough to play. Erin Joe is a bust. He is just not serious about the game. Chamberlin may come around but it does not sound like he is doing that well this spring so far. It would be nice to be able to get a first hand look at these guys so we could form a more informed opinion but for now we have to rely on what ever leaked classified information we can scrounge up.

We will need some of the walk ons or freshmen to provide depth at the tackle position. Just my thoughts.

Go Jackets!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
So what did everyone expect? We lost three long time starters from last year and we have a passle of people hurt (not really hurt, spring practice hurt). And we don't perform as well. Well, gee wilikers.

When fall comes around and the season approaches a report like this should raise eyebrows. At this stage in spring practice, it's exactly what you should anticipate.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The AJC guy that follows Tech says Chris Griffin is injured and that is why Freddie Burden was tried at tackle. Maybe Morgan Bailey will come out of retirement.

Go Jackets!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
You gotta think CPJ is going to get involved a little more heavily here. Micromanagement is one thing, but continually allowing someone to do a bad job is another. I refuse to believe our O-line is just not very talented and incapable of doing the job so it must fall on the position coach.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah, I think it is a combination of things.

However, Sewak is paid very well to make it work. He does need better players and healthier players.

We haven't signed enough OL in the past either which probably isn't his fault. We signed 6 this past class though! Will Bryan is a good one for this class and is enrolling early I think..