Program has bigger problems

LibertyTurns

Banned
It's great PR for Stanford but there's only a little truth to the assertion that admissions standards have changed. Unlike public schools, Stanford doesn't have to lift the kimono for all the world to see. Granted I only have firsthand knowledge for two periods 10 yrs apart, but the situation was identical both times.

Yes, the football team and others have had better or worse relationships with admissions but Stanford's Tech-like elitist academic opinion of themselves gives them the same cop out we use. When FB's sucking use the Hill as a shield. Only difference is with FOIA you can actually get at the records with public schools. Stanford makes up whatever story they need.

This is last time I'm posting about old Stanford and their dirty underbelly. Believe what you want.

Lisa

Georgia Tech Fan
Why are we offering guys that can't get in ??.
I was asking the same question! With so much talent not just in GA but up and down the East Coast why are they offering kids who they know will not qualify. Just a waste of time!!!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I was asking the same question! With so much talent not just in GA but up and down the East Coast why are they offering kids who they know will not qualify. Just a waste of time!!!

We dont offer guys that cant get in.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We dont offer guys that cant get in.

Don't you mean that we don't offer guys that we KNOW can't get it?

I'm thinking of the young man who apparently thought he was committed but didn't get his test score up or something. His dad said some things that Carville used to spin us badly.

Do we give conditional offers, like "you get the grades, test scores etc than we want you"?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Don't you mean that we don't offer guys that we KNOW can't get it?

I'm thinking of the young man who apparently thought he was committed but didn't get his test score up or something. His dad said some things that Carville used to spin us badly.

Do we give conditional offers, like "you get the grades, test scores etc than we want you"?

Of course.

If someone isnt close then we arent going to waste time.

If we think someone is close and they can get in + get by at GT then we will give a offer to them which rides on if they improve scores.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've never understood why we wouldn't be begging Calvin and Bey-Bey to come back and help market GT sports. Is the relationships with former players that awful? I never hear anything about this occurring. Chris Bosh Miami Heat, Calvin the best WR in NFL, Bey-Bey is in top 5 in NFL. Morgan Burnett, Derrick Morgan, Michael Johnson... all household names around the league. Yet we don't utilize these resources. Instead we use that goofy convocation speech and the kids riding tricycles to market our program. Very Sad.

The guys you mention typically work out at Tech with our guys in the off season. Good relationship. Asking them to promote / market the school..what exactly do you have in mind???