Pressley Harvin's future at Tech

Jmonty71

Banned
I don't normally follow recruiting, but is there a punter in the mix for next year? Unless I'm missing something. Pressley Harvin III is good enough to make a living as an NFL punter...starting next year since he is a Junior. Anybody have any insight on Pressley's ambitions and how long his tenure at Tech might be?
Punters don't make a killing in the NFL nor draft anywhere in the first 5 rounds. He should get his degree to have a real life job ready, should NFL not pan out.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I would accept the NFL league minimum to kick a ball 4-5 times a game.
I’m sure most people would, but you don’t just show up 16 times a year a kick a ball 4-5 times. I’m sure you know that, but just driving the point home. There’s virtually no job security when it comes to special teams in the NFL. You have one bad game and you’re done.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I’m sure most people would, but you don’t just show up 16 times a year a kick a ball 4-5 times. I’m sure you know that, but just driving the point home. There’s virtually no job security when it comes to special teams in the NFL. You have one bad game and you’re done.
I wasn't trying to imply there isn't a tremendous amount of work required as well as needing to be literally exceptional (only 32 starting punters on the planet after all). I was mainly commenting on the "don't make a killing in the NFL" when I'd say anyone in the league is making a killing (especially the non contact positions).

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Pressley is a very smart young man and will be successful in life at whatever he chooses to do. I think gaining his degree far outweighs any ambition he might foster toward playing in the NFL. To answer the original poster's question, their is zero chance he leaves early to pursue professional football. Unless he gets drafted after his senior season, I imagine he will find a job and get to work on an outstanding post college career.

Go Jackets!