Pressley Harvin in on the 2018 Ray Guy Award Watch List

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Ray Guy the greatest player ever to come out of Roswell,Georgia
He went to Thomson, I think he and brothers transferred in from a nearby small town. By the way I’m from Thomson. He was a great athlete, could have pro baseball, I heard stories about his arm strength. I think he lead the nation in int as a safety at s miss.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
He went to Thomson, I think he and brothers transferred in from a nearby small town. By the way I’m from Thomson. He was a great athlete, could have pro baseball, I heard stories about his arm strength. I think he lead the nation in int as a safety at s miss.

My ex BIL and he were close friends, played a lot of golf together.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
While we're sharing personal stories about the guy the award was named after...

I ran into a guy in the parking lot at Yokoso last Saturday night over here in N Charleston. He was wearing a GT hat so I had to go speak to him. Don't see a lot of those out this way. He smiled and said "that must be your van" pointing to my van with the GT license plate. He introduced himself as Pressley Harvin, II and said "my son is sitting in there. Would you like to go meet him?"

You can't turn down a proud dad. So we walked back in and a spoke to him briefly. He saw me coming in with his dad so I said "that was my van." He got a big smile on his face and stood up to greet me with a big handshake. Very polite young man. Dad should be proud of him. Just a brief interaction as he was surrounded by what I assumed was his family and I didn't want to interrupt their dinner.

Just told him I was looking forward to seeing them on the field again. He said he was ready to go. Stopped short of telling him I was hoping we didn't see much of him this year. :)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

I ran into a guy in the parking lot at Yokoso last Saturday night over here in N Charleston. He was wearing a GT hat so I had to go speak to him. Don't see a lot of those out this way. He smiled and said "that must be your van" pointing to my van with the GT license plate. He introduced himself as Pressley Harvin, II and said "my son is sitting in there. Would you like to go meet him?"

You can't turn down a proud dad. So we walked back in and a spoke to him briefly. He saw me coming in with his dad so I said "that was my van." He got a big smile on his face and stood up to greet me with a big handshake. Very polite young man. Dad should be proud of him. Just a brief interaction as he was surrounded by what I assumed was his family and I didn't want to interrupt their dinner.

Just told him I was looking forward to seeing them on the field again. He said he was ready to go. Stopped short of telling him I was hoping we didn't see much of him this year. :)
That's a great story thanks(y)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Great story. My wife and I are friends with Parker Braun's aunt and uncle in Jacksonville. Well his brother Trey (GT football letterman also) was in town and having dinner with the extended family at a Mexican Restaurant near the beach. My family and I walk in coincidentally and Trey's aunt sees us, remembers I'm a huge GT fan and introduces us. Good times!!!

@Coachbraun72 , your sis and her family are great people!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ray Guy the greatest player ever to come out of Roswell,Georgia
You just told me something I didn't know.
Was there not, way back in the day, under Dodd I think, a RB from Thomson named Stumpy Thomson? Or did I make that up?