Press Coverage (not the scheme, but in a literary sense)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have been super disappointed in the lack of coverage we have gotten on the Athletic recently.. Our beat writers seem to be cursed (Lost a good one in Tori and then have had a "shared writer" more recently..)

Anyone have other options for coverage? I am thinking about picking up a digital subscription to the AJC (God Forbid) because they at least seem to be putting out pieces, despite being behind paywalls.

Didn't know if anyone was finding paydirt elsewhere?

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been super disappointed in the lack of coverage we have gotten on the Athletic recently.. Our beat writers seem to be cursed (Lost a good one in Tori and then have had a "shared writer" more recently..)

Anyone have other options for coverage? I am thinking about picking up a digital subscription to the AJC (God Forbid) because they at least seem to be putting out pieces, despite being behind paywalls.

Didn't know if anyone was finding paydirt elsewhere?
Totally agree. The BB coverage on the Athletic is almost non existent and I know some have complained. Without a designated reporter I don't see it changing. Tech sports are not a priority for them.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Totally agree. The BB coverage on the Athletic is almost non existent and I know some have complained. Without a designated reporter I don't see it changing. Tech sports are not a priority for them.
Same. One of the reasons I subscribed was the Tech coverage, since I live outside Georgia. Since Tori left, it's been a fraction of what it once was. Not sure I'll re-up

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm jumping on this thread so I can get notifications. I feel similarly - Tori was great. Daniel isn't too bad himself, he just has far less Tech-specific content. I remember Tori even posting baseball articles in 2019. It was awesome.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck