Predict our next 1st round draft pick

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Doubt this roster has first-round talent. No guys that are absolute monsters/ game changers like Calvin and Morgan. Maybe some second round talent.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Juanyeh, Tariq, and Charlie Thomas have the most NFL potential but I doubt any of them make the first round. Just not many safeties getting drafted in the first round. OL,DL, pass rushers and QBs are the easiest to make the first round.

I’m gonna throw out a wild card and say Jordan Dominick

MAT 2005

Georgia Tech Fan
I hate to be negative but I’m go say nobody on the current team but maybe Jamious Griffin. And for everybody saying Juanyeh Thomas please explain to me why!! He’s a great return man but that doesn’t equal out to a first round draft pick.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I hate to be negative but I’m go say nobody on the current team but maybe Jamious Griffin. And for everybody saying Juanyeh Thomas please explain to me why!! He’s a great return man but that doesn’t equal out to a first round draft pick.

Juanyeh showed instincts to ball hawk he has the measurables to easily project to an NFL strong safety. He could even grow into an outisde backer in a 4-3 or 4-2-5 scheme common to the nfl right now.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Juanyeh showed instincts to ball hawk he has the measurables to easily project to an NFL strong safety. He could even grow into an outisde backer in a 4-3 or 4-2-5 scheme common to the nfl right now.
He hasn't really shown anything on defense to this point, other than some mop up. This year will tell us a lot

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That's where his recruiter thought he would end up- hitting people.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He hasn't really shown anything on defense to this point, other than some mop up. This year will tell us a lot

He didn't play much on defense last year because the person ahead of him was definitely needed to keep the coverages in check as he was true freshman.

Deleted member 2897

That’s where I’m at - I see a TON of potential draftees, which would be a big plus, but first round? Dunno.

Would be nice though in say the 2021 draft to start seeing 5-6 guys go, regardless of round.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That's where his recruiter thought he would end up- hitting people.

I said that last year and a lot of posters were up in arms about it. I think Tariq Carpenter should be a LB as well. Carpenter's range got exposed some against the better teams in the ACC.

Both have slightly above average athleticism and speed for a DB. They have outstanding athleticism and speed for a LB. Both can be All-ACC at LB and high draft picks...especially with the way CGC likes to play defense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I said that last year and a lot of posters were up in arms about it. I think Tariq Carpenter should be a LB as well. Carpenter's range got exposed some against the better teams in the ACC.

Both have slightly above average athleticism and speed for a DB. They have outstanding athleticism and speed for a LB. Both can be All-ACC at LB and high draft picks...especially with the way CGC likes to play defense.
I am getting too optimistic about the defense. Andy was very proud of the talent. Cgc is 3 time broyles nominee as DC. You guys are getting the "juice" flowing.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am getting too optimistic about the defense. Andy was very proud of the talent. Cgc is 3 time broyles nominee as DC. You guys are getting the "juice" flowing.

Give CPJ and staff credit, there's talent on defense for CGC to play with. Most all of our 4 star recruits were on that side of the ball. Lots of athleticism, length, and speed in the back 7...just a matter of CGC and the defensive coaches putting them in the right spots and coaching them up. We aren't super deep on defense, but there's definitely some nice pieces...and most of them are young.