Target 12-0 actual 9-3 total ACC 6 and 2 with no call on ACC Championship, but we go…
I worry about:
- I saw significant improvement in the OL during the spring game
- Byerly is tough and JT is fast... both read as good/better as/than Vad start 2012. They will get better by game time and better every game after.
- Byerly and JT will be good passers with field vision with some great targets in Autry, Smelter, a new aggressive Waller (you better get on it dog and want it like I want ice cream), Summers, and Denis. Searcy and Jeune will push them as well.
- Full ammo belt of the entire option offense with no training wheels of 3TO, midlines, QB veer, ABack counter, speed option, BB dive, BB counter dive, rocket toss, Counter option, etc and all ran as if that it is the only thing the team practices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the blocking variations no normal fan can see!!!!!!!!!!!
- Laskey will finally prove himself... no one is in his way! I hope Connors Godhighs everyone!
- Days is one of the best blockers period. I wonder if coaches keep track of career knock downs! All guts giving away all the glory. Days I see you, you the man...
- Perkins and Deon Hill have a chance to show out. Don't count Zenon out, he had great runs early in his career. Bostic also had some take your breath away game receptions. Is Owrin or Godhigh here... only game time will tale.
- The LB are beasts with motors and Gotsis anchors the center
- Isaiah is back, some doubt, but I got a feeling about his play with a change in Defensive coordinator
- I don't want to leave the corners out, I just don't have a lot of information. I will make it a point to watch them in my million slow motion marathons.
- Golden is back and will add his home run ability to punts and kickoffs... no doubt he is worth 1 win just for this alone.
- There is more depth for everyone on special teams in general!
- Best schedule yet... no 5 day rests, no thursday, no world travel, tough games at home, 3 games to warm up
- Lots of changes and big time losses for other teams like Sammy, Ebron, and a few QBs. I'll add logan in there as he plays his best against us.
I worry about:
- Laskey better let some young guys take reps in practice so he can stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- DE, but I think the LB are so strong they will balance out inexperience. The future at DE looks good!
- I am in wait and see on who steps up at AB to make the yards like GodHigh. If they seal the BB, take the QB to force the pitch, all the AB needs to do is run forward ; )
- New OL (but better than an injured experienced OL forcing new OL starters and people playing out of practiced position)
- New QB jitters... I think they showed out fine last year. This is not their first time on the field and 3 game warm up.
- QB injury... for the players sake but also the shallow experienced depth. I bet Swilling can pinch hit/MJ will be saved to take over after JT/Byerly (did I say that right?)