Pre-Season Projected Starters

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Im kind of the opposite. If Gibson is as awful as others are saying then our backup situation is pretty worrisome, and we have an injury prone starter. I know others want Sims to run more, but we may want to pump the brakes on that a bit. He needs to stay out there more than anything.
Who said Gibson is awful? Also there is a chance he is our 3rd or 4th string so when have we ever had a 3rd or 4th string QB of his caliber?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Who said Gibson is awful? Also there is a chance he is our 3rd or 4th string so when have we ever had a 3rd or 4th string QB of his caliber?
If he is already behind a true freshman and a pretty mediocre transfer who hasn't stepped on campus yet then yeah, he ain't doin so hot.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If he is already behind a true freshman and a pretty mediocre transfer who hasn't stepped on campus yet then yeah, he ain't doin so hot.
Hard to say what it means being behind Pyron (since Pyron was an Elite11 QB), but if he’s really behind Taisun, then that’s concerning (unless Taisun is just really good and somehow got overlooked/misused at Clemson). I would think that Gibson, given his experience and history, would at least be a pretty solid game manager. Hopefully, the starter (probably Sims) will be productive and healthy enough that it won’t matter who the backup is.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Spoke with a family member and they said he feels 100% for Fall camp. If that's true, he'll be a wrecking ball!
Defense needs to be good because we face some very good teams. Clemson DL is going to give our young and inexperienced OL fits. We need our DL to be disruptive do we can stay close.

I hope he can move quick e force to where the play is going. Back in cpj years We had a smallish LB that could not be blocked.

Knoxknight

Georgia Tech Fan
Defense needs to be good because we face some very good teams. Clemson DL is going to give our young and inexperienced OL fits. We need our DL to be disruptive do we can stay close.

I hope he can move quick e force to where the play is going. Back in cpj years We had a smallish LB that could not be blocked.
Saw some Spring Camp video footage in which he repeatedly beat the big OL who goes 330 or so. The OL was clearly frustrated and it showed after the whistle. Carroll was not only too quick, but turned the OL time after time. He appeared to outmuscle a guy 50 lbs heavier.

JacketFan137

Banned
The dude is special. There was hope he would start last year after seeing what he did in camp before getting injured. He might be the closest thing we have on this roster to a Gibbs level talent. ACL isn’t an easy recovery though so still a lot of unknowns due to that.
he was by far the best receiver in camp last year and the only one that ever looked like a real difference maker. the rest of our guys looked like dime a dozen replacement level guys with no real standout skills/traits. blackburn’s size and physicality at the catch point is something we haven’t had since waller

ScGold

Banned
For those counting on EJ Jenkins to come in and compete, u are going to be disappointed. Its his last year of eligibility and his 3rd team. He left the fighting chickens becayse of no pt. The smart people will connect the dots.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
For those counting on EJ Jenkins to come in and compete, u are going to be disappointed. Its his last year of eligibility and his 3rd team. He left the fighting chickens becayse of no pt. The smart people will connect the dots.
He’s not even playing the same position here that he played at USCe and USCe had a lot of TE talent to compete with. EJ had 800 yards and 13 TDs in 2019 as a WR and sat out 2020 with Covid. He will easily be a top 3 WR for us this year.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Will be interesting to see how he adapts here.

CGC said at ACC media days he has come in with the right attitude and work ethic. Historically CCL likes those big bodies matchup nightmares and we can run 4 guys (2 each at TE and WR) over 6’5’’ which alone should open things up for our passing game.

I’m excited to see what he can do in the program and scheme we will hopefully be running. Time will tell - but for now I am bullish until I see reason to be otherwise.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It’s strange to me to hear that about Gibson. He’s the only QB we have that’s actually done good in FBS football.
His passer rating would have been in the top 15 in the country if he had enough reps. He was getting interest and offers from multiple P5 teams from the portal and had a decent transfer rating. To hear that he isn't really even in the competition to be the backup is pretty surprising and disappointing. Unless those reports are exaggerated, which hopefully they are.