Practice Reports 8/12

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see how teams kick to him as well as who he is back with on KO's. I hope his dynamism forces opponents to play more conservatively on special teams and yield us better field position overall even if he doesn't get to make as many returns.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If I were an opposing coach, I'd treat this guy just like opposing managers used to treat Ted Williams. Casey Stengel had a standing $500 fine for any pitcher who let Ted beat the Yankees. I'm betting they'll lay back on Golden big time to be sure they stop him, especially if he has a good return or two in the first couple of games. The young man is DY-NO-MITE back there.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
If I were an opposing coach, I'd treat this guy just like opposing managers used to treat Ted Williams. Casey Stengel had a standing $500 fine for any pitcher who let Ted beat the Yankees. I'm betting they'll lay back on Golden big time to be sure they stop him, especially if he has a good return or two in the first couple of games. The young man is DY-NO-MITE back there.

Am I right in thinking that if a team lays back on Golden then it is still most likely a net positive for Tech as far as field position? Maybe less chance for the huge return but an increased overall average on starting position?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Tony Zenon, Deon Hill, Tyler Marcordes, Shawn Green, CJ Leggett were all in red.

Gary Brown and Zach Lakey are back.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Tony Zenon, Deon Hill, Tyler Marcordes, Shawn Green, CJ Leggett were all in red.

Gary Brown and Zach Lakey are back.

I have a feeling Leggett is hurt fairly bad..Zenon worries me. Do you think this is just precautionary or significant?

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I think Leggett's extended absence is due to all of the recent emphasis being placed on head injuries. I believe there's a new protocol one must go through to get back on the field, even for practice. I'm hoping this is ah isolated incident and doesn't become a trend with Leggett.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
A little bit different than HS ball. People tend to forget that this is a violent sport. He is fresh out of HS going up against 5th year seniors on D. Not mant 170 pound LBer's in D1 football.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
He's a starting Ab. They are at least 3 deep there now at BB. Why would you even think about moving CP? He has bad shoulders as is. Connors will be fine spelling Laskey at BB. I suspect the #1 BB will get 230 carries this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's a starting Ab. They are at least 3 deep there now at BB. Why would you even think about moving CP? He has bad shoulders as is. Connors will be fine spelling Laskey at BB. I suspect the #1 BB will get 230 carries this year.

230 carries? Not a bad guess - 2009 Dwyer 235, 2010 AA 240. Fell off after that for leading BB. So you are thinking Laskey is going to be dominant. Reasonable to me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't want Lasky's legs to be gassed in 4th quarters or the last 4 games due to too many carries. SD, MC, CJL, or even CP will be needed to take some of the load off.

CP's shoulders look fairly stout to me. Maybe you have access to his medical records and have info we don't wings. A recurring injury does not necessarily indicate a chronic medical condition.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
He had major shoulder surgery. Shoulders are never the same after surgery. IIRC he had a torn labrum. The worse kind of shoulder injury. He's been playing AB for 2 years now. Depending on Leggett's head injury...it's the Laskey/Connors show this year at BB.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He had major shoulder surgery. Shoulders are never the same after surgery. IIRC he had a torn labrum. The worse kind of shoulder injury. He's been playing AB for 2 years now. Depending on Leggett's head injury...it's the Laskey/Connors show this year at BB.

Don't go to sleep on Synjyn