Practice Report 8/13

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
So how did practice go again?
Judging from the last few pages I'd say everyone sat in the film room and discussed the finer points of what size means with regard to the DT position. After that was defined additional evidence was given to support and defend Ted Roof's decision to use Green as a DT. In the end they decided it is what it is and that's why we play the games.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Judging from the last few pages I'd say everyone sat in the film room and discussed the finer points of what size means with regard to the DT position. After that was defined additional evidence was given to support and defend Ted Roof's decision to use Green as a DT. In the end they decided it is what it is and that's why we play the games.
Love the cliche finish! Well done.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ok now I'm confused. Earlier in the discussion you credited Wilfork for being way heavier than Greene and made it sound like a good thing even though they're roughly the same height. Now you're saying it's not a good thing Greene weighs as much as he does at his height? Here's the thing though, do we know what Greene's injury is? Has it been published?

My OP wasn't about 1 injury, it was about his history of injuries, in my opinion...they were related to his size for the DT position. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. What we know for a fact is Green's body has not held up to the demands of the position thus far. Again, not his fault, but it's something we'll have to deal with if it occurs during the season because we are thin in experience.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Surely a man who weighs 285 could put on 15 lbs easily? I would guess that he and the coaches feel like he plays the best at 285

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Surely a man who weighs 285 could put on 15 lbs easily? I would guess that he and the coaches feel like he plays the best at 285

I hope so. Green's a damn good player when healthy. We'll see.

Anyhow. Gonna shut up about it 'cause I"m sure people are tired of hearing me talk about it! :)

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to get the Green subject fired back up but shorter DT seem to cause more havoc in the back field due to leverage, and get more of the eye popping stats in TFL and sacks. The taller ones who can stand their ground are harder to get past with their wide wingspans, but often turn into bust because we see that they are huge on paper and automatically think they cant be moved but some 6' 300 pounds is harder to move than someone 6'5 350

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We don't need to use John Randle or Aaron Donald for comparison. How about little Nikita Whitlock at WF the last few years? He is smaller than Shawn Green, yet he was able to hold up over the ACC schedule. Size really isn't a factor here...some guys have injury issues, others don't. I really hope for his sake he gets a chance at a full healthy season. He is definitely overdue!

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Tangential topics spin off of most threads and it happens on all the boards. It's human nature, it happens in face to face discussion as well. It can be frustrating, however, when you click on a thread hoping to see an update on the stated topic.

My suggestion would be to have the new discussion moved into it's own thread if it's actually a quality discussion about GT football, rather than coding the original thread. What happens when the thread gets back on topic on it's own, like what also happens all the time? Do you have to keep changing the color?

You don't say? Thanks for enlightening me. Ever notice how many of them start spinning off with a post from the cheeseside cat? Must have some kind of ADHD or something. ;)