Practice 8/18

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Game prep for Wofford begins today...practice starts at 3:45.
It's two weeks before we play Wofford. We have to work on Kickoff and KO returns, Punting and Punt returns. Seems to me it should be more of getting the fundamentals right, blocking, tackling, and reads. Saturday IMO should be a game rehearsal day at noon, with a 80 to 100 play scrimmage including some KO and Punts. Letting everyone in on the action. Been over 50 years since I played the game so is an old farts opinion.

NewJacketFan

Georgia Tech Fan
It's two weeks before we play Wofford. We have to work on Kickoff and KO returns, Punting and Punt returns. Seems to me it should be more of getting the fundamentals right, blocking, tackling, and reads. Saturday IMO should be a game rehearsal day at noon, with a 80 to 100 play scrimmage including some KO and Punts. Letting everyone in on the action. Been over 50 years since I played the game so is an old farts opinion.
I like this!!!!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
It's two weeks before we play Wofford. 1 We have to work on Kickoff and KO returns, Punting and Punt returns. Seems to me it should be more of getting the 2 fundamentals right, blocking, tackling, and reads. 3 Saturday IMO should be a game rehearsal day at noon, with a 80 to 100 play scrimmage including some KO and Punts. Letting everyone in on the action. Been over 50 years since I played the game so is an old farts opinion.

1. We do that almost everyday.

2. That is the main focus in camp and those are things we focus on through the whole year.

3. This pretty much exactly what we do.

Game prep for wofford is preparing for what they do, what defense we will use, what to expect from their defense, etc...doesn't just mean we totally forget about the everyday things.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Hard to when practice hadn't even started yet :)
Looks like somebody is falling down on the job.;) Why should minor details as "Practice hasn't started" hold you back from reporting on what is going on at said practice. Is somebody having a case of the MONDAYS?????(y)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Looks like somebody is falling down on the job.;) Why should minor details as "Practice hasn't started" hold you back from reporting on what is going on at said practice. Is somebody having a case of the MONDAYS?????(y)

NOPE, it's Friday for me :D