Practice #6

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, another way of looking at Laskey's 35 yard TD run was that it was probably off Kallon at DT with Green and Gamble both out.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I like hearing the offense is showing out a little more, we can control the clock with our offense. If our defense is showing out its against our offense that no other team we play, runs. Defense ahould give our O a similar look to what most teams we play can.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
guys this early in camp the D should be dominating....typically that is how it goes....so for me a little cause for concern but I until I see them play I won't hold judgement. Why? because roof is not scheming against our O right now...he is installing for the season

so if we ran a traditional O I would say it is an alarm...but because of what we run we are running our sets and assignments and not particularly stacking to stop what we do on O

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
guys this early in camp the D should be dominating....typically that is how it goes....so for me a little cause for concern but I until I see them play I won't hold judgement. Why? because roof is not scheming against our O right now...he is installing for the season

so if we ran a traditional O I would say it is an alarm...but because of what we run we are running our sets and assignments and not particularly stacking to stop what we do on O

It still shouldn't be alarming. Any offense is capable of making a big gain against any defense. Just because one great play happened at practice doesn't mean the roof is caving in on the D.

Our defense is not going to be lights-out because we just don't have the athletes on that side of the football. We have some good players but we have zero great players.

Obviously no defense. (tic)

Thanks for the reports and pics. But we won't know what we have till VT ......
We might have an inkling, especially if we struggle against Tulane or Southern. Or, maybe we win all three by a very large margin and we would have some idea. VPISU has to get their stuff together quickly to face Ohio State. We caught a break there.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It still shouldn't be alarming. Any offense is capable of making a big gain against any defense. Just because one great play happened at practice doesn't mean the roof is caving in on the D.

no I am referring to more I heard than just zachs play....point here is simple. If we ran UGA offense or similar....and the D was installing vs this O which I refer to as the Typical NCAA offense or variation of ...I am more concerned...vs us I am not as.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The D got the better of the O today. When asked if one unit gets the better of the other on a given day is it cause for concern, CPJ said "no, it goes back and forth."
I think the only thing that should cause any worry is if the offense is making stupid mistakes like missing blocks and turnovers. Other than that I think a back and forth is probably good.