Practice #6

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes Devine is a big man. The bigger the better so long as his motor holds up and he has the quicks to execute. Looks pretty good in pads.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He looks a good deal less than 370# in that picture.
Yep. He looked big alright - in the 350 range - when I saw him on Tuesday, but no 370. He really isn't carrying much blubber, except right around his waist. A bad side result of the new holding rules is that they award being fat. None of these guys would have lasted 30 minutes at the practices I went to in 1964. (My God, My God! It really was that long ago.)

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I believe Devine is in the first pic too in the group. Looks fine, we don't need him skinnier than that. More muscle is always a good thing though.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Eric, its only the 6th spring practice, but how does the team look to you, or have you seen any practices? If you have, do they look like they're at least playing hard and well as a group? Can you compare what you've seen so far to previous years?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am always hyped for GT football. That said, I have no delusions. There are not enough proven game changers to expect a runaway season. But, I sure hope we have some players step up and show to be the game changers we need.

I sure do want our guys to train hard as a team, work as a team, and leave it all out on the field as a team with season results rewarding all the hard work. I hope the coaches work to get the whole team be a game changer.