Practice #4

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I have often wondered what freshmen think of our smash mouth style. Can you imagine being an 18 year old DT and lining up against Devine, knowing he ain't gonna be zone blocking?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let me try to give an update (all in fun):
  • The team practice was spirited because they had a tub of ice waiting for them at the end of practice...go look at the pictures of practice 3 for an example. Zack got real frosty.
  • Thomas is still first with Byerly close behind, not too close, and MJ got some good snaps. And no, I cannot see the future and tell you how they performed in 2014.
  • The center competition is still ongoing. And no I will not predict who will get the job no matter how much you bagger me.
  • The ABack's are deep, very deep, so deep they are drowning in experience.
  • The defensive line is the defensive line. We have some players to play in the defensive line and we have players to back them up. We will be able to put a DL on the field in 2014.
  • So... you are asking if we will have an opposing QB sacked in 2014? That is why we play the game. Next question.
  • No, I expect to pass 100% from under center. In fact, we have a play where the QB passes "under" the center. This play scares the hell out of the center. This will figure in to who gets the starting center position.
  • The best play today was on the TO followed by a TO and then also another TO is third. There is no doubt that the TO is our best play.
  • We did not practice passing to day. We practiced receiving. We no longer use the term passing in our play calling as it leaves to much to chance.
  • Laskey is still the starter and Matt is number 2 deep. Legget and Wilson have to prove they can go number 2. They have some practice at number 2, but no real experience playing in it.
  • NO I WILL NOT PREDICT THE FUTURE... next question about predicting the future, and we are not even in full pads yet, must leave and never come back.
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a full CPJ supporter and want to renew his contract.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

• The defensive line is the defensive line. We have some players to play in the defensive line and we have players to back them up. We will be able to put a DL on the field in 2014.

This quote here is why I scoff at the very naysayers who suggest we, in fact, do not have a DL. Ever since GT first teed it up against Mercer back in 1892 we have always fielded a DL and we have just learned that this year will be no different. Having a DL for the football team is one of our oldest traditions, even predating G.P. Burdell and the iconic Ramblin' Wreck. In fact, after hours of exhaustive research, the only GT traditions that are older than having a DL are students griping about the shaft and the food in Brittany dining hall.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
  • The team practice was spirited because they had a tub of ice waiting for them at the end of practice...go look at the pictures of practice 3 for an example. Zack got real frosty.
  • Thomas is still first with Byerly close behind, not too close, and MJ got some good snaps. And no, I cannot see the future and tell you how they performed in 2014.
  • The center competition is still ongoing. And no I will not predict who will get the job no matter how much you bagger me.
  • The ABack's are deep, very deep, so deep they are drowning in experience.
  • So... you are asking if we will have an opposing QB sacked in 2014? That is why we play the game. Next question.
  • No, I expect to pass 100% from under center. In fact, we have a play where the QB passes "under" the center. This play scares the hell out of the center. This will figure in to who gets the starting center position.
  • The best play today was on the TO followed by a TO and then also another TO is third. There is no doubt that the TO is our best play.
  • We did not practice passing to day. We practiced receiving. We no longer use the term passing in our play calling as it leaves to much to chance.
  • Laskey is still the starter and Matt is number 2 deep. Legget and Wilson have to prove they can go number 2. They have some practice at number 2, but no real experience playing in it.
  • NO I WILL NOT PREDICT THE FUTURE... next question about predicting the future, and we are not even in full pads yet, must leave and never come back.
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a full CPJ supporter and want to renew his contract.
I'm all in on the last sentence.