Practice #3

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@John and @PowderSpringsJacket88 got access to the first 20 min of this morning's practice. @John has some photos to post later.

Observations -
  • Players were in helmets and shells today
  • Whitehead was dressed - probably 6'4", cut, and can definitely add weight
  • New ST coach Ray Rychleski was the loudest guy out there. Players spent the first 10 min after stretching in punt formation. He spent a lot of time instructing players to the right spots.
  • Fielding punts - Golden, Smelter, Andrews, Searcy
  • Brad Waggoner was hosting Omahri Jarrett and a couple other recruits we did not recognize. Additional 2015 and 2016 recruits are expected.
  • Players who clearly hit the gym this summer - Golden, Gamble, Kallon, Gotsis, Marcordes, JT, Chris Griffin
  • Gary Brown is a walking tree trunk
  • Tre Jackson looks like he's ready to be a wrecking ball. Not based on on-field activity (didn't get to see him); just physical observation. Impressive.
  • Overall coaches, staff, and players were energetic and ready to work. Media had to leave after the first 20 min, so we'll likely hear more later.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Great notes!

The recruits are Danny Thomas, Evyn Cooper and Jaylen Howard.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@John and @PowderSpringsJacket88 got access to the first 20 min of this morning's practice. @John has some photos to post later.

Observations -
  • Players were in helmets and shells today
  • Whitehead was dressed - probably 6'4", cut, and can definitely add weight
  • New ST coach Ray Rychleski was the loudest guy out there. Players spent the first 10 min after stretching in punt formation. He was loud instructing players to the right spots.
  • Fielding punts - Golden, Smelter, Andrews, Searcy
  • Brad Waggoner was hosting Omahri Jarrett and a couple other recruits we did not recognize. Additional 2015 and 2016 recruits are expected.
  • Players who clearly hit the gym this summer - Golden, Gamble, Kallon, Gotsis, Marcordes, JT, Chris Griffin
  • Gary Brown is a walking tree trunk
  • Tre Jackson looks like he's ready to be a wrecking ball. Not based on on-field activity (didn't get to see him); just physical observation. Impressive.
  • Overall coaches, staff, and players were energetic and ready to work. Media had to leave after the first 20 min, so we'll likely hear more later.
Btw, do you have a GT press credential? I didn't think they considered web hosts as press.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see our guys putting in the work this offseason. I said last year that the QB battle would come down to who worked the hardest in the offseason. I have been excited to hear how much JT and TB have worked to put themselves in a position to start this fall. I think we have the best 2 deep at the QB position that CPJ has had.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
So are you guys in this crowd?

MpkTL5l.jpg

GTAA should enable more media access to the team (as long as you guys are responsible), not restrict it more.