Practice #1

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wait what? This makes no sense. U dont need to graduate from a junior college with an associates degree to be accepted into a d1 college.

Whatever is going on is not cuz of that is my guess. Its more to it.

Well i just learned this is gt screwing gt again. Getting tired of the hill. The kid could play anywhere else.
Could u expand on this info plz?

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Can't worry about what you don't have. You have to take what you have and make the most of it. Too much focus on the negatives by many in our fan base. I just hope the team is more mature than that and realizes they have a lot to play for. There are more than 100 guys lining up out there we just need to find the best 50 or so and play with great determination.

Go Jackets!
Nope, season's over. It's time to tuck it in and start preparing for 2015.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised that nothing has derailed it until now.
Does HE know this was an issue before now? Does the hill have any way to see this coming before day one of practice? I realize I'm not anyone who is important and shouldn't be kept in the loop however, these bad surprises are killing
me..

Hopefully someone can enlighten me some..

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If he can not negotiate a degree from Georgia Military College, how in the hell do you expect him to get one from the Georgia Institute of Technology? Let's move on.

Go Jackets!

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Everybody give if a rest for Gods sake. The guy was trying to complete a two year degree in just over a year for all intents and purposes. It would have been amazing if he did it, it was an ambitious move, and he fell just short. It is what it is.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Everybody give if a rest for Gods sake. The guy was trying to complete a two year degree in just over a year for all intents and purposes. It would have been amazing if he did it, it was an ambitious move, and he fell just short. It is what it is.

You are right in that it was an ambitious undertaking and we should not be so up set that it did not happen. What is upsetting is the fact that it was a SURPRISE, apparently to the whole GT community which unfortunately is a recurring issue and gives the impression of "who's on first" and "what's on second" ?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

He wasn't knitting sweaters at NC State. I don't mind the problem as much as the surprise. I think we'll be fine, but he was taking college classes for more than 2yrs.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Disappointing he's not eligible this year. Look forward to seeing him on the field next year. Sky still ain't falling. We will see how good we are or aren't soon enough. I'm still a believer. We just need some young players to step up.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Right, as AE 87 said, he took classes as a RS Frosh at NC State. The transferred credits from that year was what was going to allow him to graduate in just over a year. He's been in school plenty long enough to have enough credits to graduate from a junior college. That being said, it doesn't add up yet, and we may never know exactly what happened. It is frustrating to happen at the 11th hour when we were all counting on Kendarious.

Kevin Cone had to sit out a year after transferring from Shorter College. So, I think it's true, only moving down a division maintains your eligibility.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Viewed the practice pictures on AJC. Klock, Stickler, Brown, and Whitley were impressive (but definitely second to Griffin). Anyone know who are 79 and 89, not on the published roster?

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The question I have is why did everybody think he was gonna be eligible in the first place? There's no way this should be a surprise, no way.
Who is "everybody"? I actually don't recall seeing anything from any coach at Tech that assumed he would be. The most optimistic updates were always from the GMC coach as I recall and he kept saying that Whitehead was "working real hard" and he believed he was going to get everything done in time and get the degree, etc. That is, everything was vague and optimistic and projecting or hopeful. I do remember on signing day CPJ explaining that since Whitehead actually took classes and was in good standing at NC State then he wasn't a "typical" JUCO student so there could actually be a way that he could graduate and be eligible immediately.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
This is part of being a Tech fan. I tell all of the street corner Dwags that everyone cant be a a GT fan. It takes something special to bounce back every year from the bumps along the way. KW was very ambitious in an effort to be eligibal this fall and fell short by not completing online work by the needed time frame. We have him in a year and I am excited about that. It is the surprise for most of us that hurts. 3 months ago I was looking at this season wondering if Laskey could hold off Custis and dreaming about a even up replacement for Jerry on the corner. I am now reflecting on just how fortunate we are to have good health and not having to fight for our lives due to a terrible accident. I have given myself an attitude adjustment and now have my happy face on. So just how good can a freshman on the corner perform and how ofter will Justin take it to the house?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
This is part of being a Tech fan. I tell all of the street corner Dwags that everyone cant be a a GT fan. It takes something special to bounce back every year from the bumps along the way. KW was very ambitious in an effort to be eligibal this fall and fell short by not completing online work by the needed time frame. We have him in a year and I am excited about that. It is the surprise for most of us that hurts. 3 months ago I was looking at this season wondering if Laskey could hold off Custis and dreaming about a even up replacement for Jerry on the corner. I am now reflecting on just how fortunate we are to have good health and not having to fight for our lives due to a terrible accident. I have given myself an attitude adjustment and now have my happy face on. So just how good can a freshman on the corner perform and how ofter will Justin take it to the house?

The thing is most if not all of the voices being heard on here are of a highly advanced thought pattern. If you tell a typical fan base that one of their players won't be playing this year, they don't inquire anymore and go back to playing the Xbox or play station.
However, the intelligent thinkers here want answers that we can't get and we don't like that lol.
Tell me why something is working or not..but don't tell me you don't know just to satisfy me.
Like I mention in an earlier post I realize I'm no one special and have no reason to have info offered to me. I just want to know why..
The surprise factor being the biggest why.

I'm looking forward to several good surprises this year with a few boys stepping up to be men!
Make some lemonade from the lemons that they are being pelted with.

Only time will tell.
I will be on the Flats tomorrow if fan day is still on
Looking forward to seeing fans and players old and new.

THWG