Potpourri for $300, Alex...

slugboy

Staff member
I’ll ante up with the basketball ref who passed out in the middle of the USC-Gonzaga game on March 30, 2021, and what they found

Bert Smith is a “former” athlete, in the sense that he never quit being athletic. He runs, he walks, he takes the stairs instead of the elevator, and he still passed out in the middle of a game.

At first, the doctors didn’t find anything wrong with them. That’s when, if you’re lucky, you get a good doctor who keeps looking, and Bert Smith’s doctor did.

There are so many stories in most newspapers that, looking back, I’d be fine with skipping. This article, I was glad I read.

If you liked this thread, find something else off the beaten trail, but that made you think, and post it here.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
With a D1A Hip Hop Natty under his or her belt, am I being naive to assume that our Hip Hop coach is now immune from criticism from some of our more bitter and cynical fans? I am of the school of thought that a natty should exempt one from criticisms about recruiting, systems or schemes, personnel decisions, what they say or don't say in press conferences, etc. Uniforms of course remain fair game.

slugboy

Staff member
I posted in recruiting, but football coaches don’t last long in the NCAA. Most seniors end their careers with a different coach than they started with

9B78D636-581A-4322-8C35-2A27BC9BD872.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

With a D1A Hip Hop Natty under his or her belt, am I being naive to assume that our Hip Hop coach is now immune from criticism from some of our more bitter and cynical fans? I am of the school of thought that a natty should exempt one from criticisms about recruiting, systems or schemes, personnel decisions, what they say or don't say in press conferences, etc. Uniforms of course remain fair game.

If we do t win it again next year, #FireDaHipHopCoach

slugboy

Staff member
I’ve never seen these fantasy football league penalties, but 24 hours in a Waffle House minus one hour per waffle eaten is something.

24 hours of a food challenge.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't know waht was more amazing there....the shot itself, the fact that there were people there in attendance to see it, the fact that it was apparently being televised or the announcers reaction (was that on the Ocho?). So much to unpack here. I want to add one more thing to your discussion points @slugboy. Disc golfers....athletes or not? :cigar:

slugboy

Staff member
I don't know waht was more amazing there....the shot itself, the fact that there were people there in attendance to see it, the fact that it was apparently being televised or the announcers reaction (was that on the Ocho?). So much to unpack here. I want to add one more thing to your discussion points @slugboy. Disc golfers....athletes or not? :cigar:
Athletes? Only if they don’t use the cart ;)

slugboy

Staff member
How many hours a day does Joe Anoai lift? He pops up in this video, and he’s in with the in crowd of WWE and ex-WWE guys.

He apparently had to cut back after Leukemia, but he doesn’t list as crazy an amount of working out as I’d guess, for the career he’s in:

I would not be shocked to see him end up in movies, somehow.

slugboy

Staff member
1. Jamious Winston started much better than I expected
2. Florida NFL teams give a lot of rope to bad starters. Rosen looks rough
3. This is after Ryan came into the league