Potential transfers

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
So we know about Lo Wood...but there is a tease OTS about another one. Anybody have the details?

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
So what's the word on these guys? Link didn't work, AE 87. I heard about the possibility of Wood a few weeks back but hadn't heard anything since.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So what's the word on these guys? Link didn't work, AE 87. I heard about the possibility of Wood a few weeks back but hadn't heard anything since.

I meant the JOL link to which OP referred. It gives the name before it becomes pay only.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Whitehead spent 1 year at NC State, then this year at GA Mil College, so he has 3 years of eligibility left? Will he be able to get into Tech academically?

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Whitehead spent 1 year at NC State, then this year at GA Mil College, so he has 3 years of eligibility left? Will he be able to get into Tech academically?

If his one year at NC State was a RS year then, yes, he'll have three years left.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

We offered him in high school. He probably chose to go ga mil so he can transfer to tech and immediately play or had a college course or two to get credits in before he came here. But from what i understand we offered him initially so i dont know why all of a sudden that would change unless he failed at state or ga military

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe the problem with transfers (specifically JUCO's) is that they're coming in academically as sophomore/juniors and won't have the requisite classes accepted to keep them ahead of the APR compliance rules. I could be wrong, but I was told that kids coming from JUCO's usually had problems with this. Someone with more knowledge could certainly provide better information on this.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I believe the problem with transfers (specifically JUCO's) is that they're coming in academically as sophomore/juniors and won't have the requisite classes accepted to keep them ahead of the APR compliance rules. I could be wrong, but I was told that kids coming from JUCO's usually had problems with this. Someone with more knowledge could certainly provide better information on this.

Typically that is true. Typically. We have had jucos. Durant brooks recently. Again we dont know if this kid specifically used this juco route to fullfill what he needed to go from state to tech. Kids that go juco straight from high school are the ones that run into the problems with tech

gtdrew

Banned
I grew up dow by GMC, and if I remember right, they offer calc 1. It's certainly possible, if not likely, that Whitehead is getting the classes he needs there...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ says that Juco tranfers are close to impossible for us. They just aren't able to transfer in enough credits to meet APR. There could be an exception once in a blue moon, but this is the rule.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
So we know about Lo Wood...but there is a tease OTS about another one. Anybody have the details?

Always a back-up but was hurt in '12 I believe, so had an uphill batttle for play time going forward..If he starts here it will give us a good reading on our talent at CB. hmmm