Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
1. Jahmyr Gibbs GC
2. Devin Cochran GC
3. Keion White GC
4. Tre Swilling PJ
5. Jordan Williams GC
6. Jalen Camp PJ
7. Antonneous Clayton(although something is strange here, may could be an injury or looks like Tarzan plays like Jane or maybe a mental block or other responsibilities that he is currently unblocking) GC I really hope he comes back and has a banner year.
8. Jeff Sims. GC

Who else we got and who has CGC picked? If we can create a bigger pipeline obviously that will bode well for our “developmental” spiel.

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Makius Scott has the size and great power numbers but his 40 yard dash was in the 20th percentile. In the NFL you have to have the ability to track down the RBs from the backside.

Domineck. He was destroying guys last year but I question his size somewhat. Definitely has a motor but I’m not giving him a number just yet.

Curtis Ryan’s had an incredible game against FSU and the potential may be there but I think he has to bulk up to be an NFL guy IMO.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
9. JPM- PJ!!!!!!!!(haha)
10. Riq the freak- P.J.!!!!!!

mason should probably slide in around #4 on the list. I think he and Gibbs can probably both go for 8 or 900 yards next year.

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Putting the coach who recruited each player you list is either trolling or trying to pick a fight. Either way, it's ill-advised. Also, trying to project freshmen to the NFL is a fool's errand.
I’m not trying to troll or pick a fight. It’s a dang list. And I’m sorry but it’s not a fools errand because Gibbs is #1 with the most potential to play in the NFL. Barring injury he is a lock.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m not trying to troll or pick a fight. It’s a dang list. And I’m sorry but it’s not a fools errand because Gibbs is #1 with the most potential to play in the NFL. Barring injury he is a lock.
How about just make the list and leave the recruiter off then. And you also listed Sims, who has a TON of development in front of him before he even sniffs NFL projection. He's athletic as hell, but so are a ton of other kids. No issues with Gibbs, but it's still a projection.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
How about just make the list and leave the recruiter off then. And you also listed Sims, who has a TON of development in front of him before he even sniffs NFL projection. He's athletic as hell, but so are a ton of other kids. No issues with Gibbs, but it's still a projection.
Isn’t projection and potential pretty much synonymous?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Listen. I loved P.J. and if people want to debate who pulled in better potential NFL recruits go for it but we know who has done better in a short period of time. And PJ is a better coach. We know that too. I’ll continue to add the recruiting coach. Sorry if it offends you.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
yes. Still doesn't change what I said if you swap the two words.

By including the recruiter you change the thread from who we have as potential NFL players to which coach has recruited the most NFL "projections."
It's your thread. If that's what you intended, have at it.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Just scrolled through our entire roster. I think Jamious has a chance as well. But holy crud we are YOUNG AF!!!
Most of the other “potential projected” guys would be this past Freshman class or this last signings class and I agree with FB that’s a crapshoot.

Deleted member 2897

I’ll say no. To me Projection means like “X is probably a mid-round prospect”. These are guys about to come out and we’re projecting where they might go. Potential is just wide open for anybody of any age, like Gibbs.

You have to not get injured, and show improvement/consistency. Think about AB last year to this year.

Every single freshman has the potential to make the NFL. But I wouldn’t make projections until at least junior year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’ll say no. To me Projection means like “X is probably a mid-round prospect”. These are guys about to come out and we’re projecting where they might go. Potential is just wide open for anybody of any age, like Gibbs.

You have to not get injured, and show improvement/consistency. Think about AB last year to this year.

Every single freshman has the potential to make the NFL. But I wouldn’t make projections until at least junior year.
If we want to define potential this way, just about every player on our team has NFL potential. Unless you can project them to get a real shot at making a team (which I think is what the OP meant), there's no point.

Deleted member 2897

If we want to define potential this way, just about every player on our team has NFL potential. Unless you can project them to get a real shot at making a team (which I think is what the OP meant), there's no point.

Yep, I agree 100%. That's exactly what I said. I mean, James BlackStrain has NFL potential. And he's not even here yet. 🤷‍♂️

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Jahmyr Gibbs - Still has a lot to prove. I believe a NFL team would take a shot on him right now if they could in the 6th-7th round.

Devin Cochran- Going to have to have a STRONG season in 21. Sitting out a year and being a little older will go against him in the draft.

Keion White - Has a EXCELLENT history.... can he do it consistently in the ACC? Let's see how he performs against Clemson, Miami, VT, and uga. That will give a better basis for his NFL potential. 1 game last year against an ACC team could of been more hype than true figures. I want to see a full season of big ball play. I think he will do well, but can't put him in the NFL just yet.

Tre Swilling - I am iffy on Swilling... He has decent to good instincts. Not the most athletic guy, also not a big guy. The NFL loves LARGE fast corners. He will be a day 3 draftee if drafted.

Jordan Williams - Has potential to be a day 2 draft prospect. Has to develop footwork against faster edge rushers.

Jalen Camp - If the NFL based drafting a guy on measurables alone he would be a 1st rounder. I expect a team like the Raiders, Falcons, Lions, or Ravens to take a shot on him. He has size, speed, and can jump. Needs an offense that can get him the ball.

Antonneous Clayton- This one hurts me to write... But unless he BALLS OUT next year... talking double digit sacks... he doesn't have a shot at being drafted. I hate it for him, but he might be better off going D2 and racking up crazy numbers. This would keep NFL scouts curious. If he plays again in the ACC and finishes with 1-4 sacks most scouts will write him off.

Jeff Sims - Potential is there. Will he reach it? Who knows. He has a lot of growing to do. We "SHOULD" see a large leap from him last year to this year. If it is more of the same, weird INTs, and not reading a defense fast enough he may be more of just an athlete than a true NFL QB.

Domineck Jordan - This kid could have some decent NFL potential. Another year like last or better and we may see him go late day 2 or early day 3 in the draft.

Jordan Mason - Kid has a ton of skill. One thing that may kill some NFL potential is Gibbs getting more shares of the rock. Mason should be used in a 2 set backfield with Gibbs for the majority of passing plays. Allows us to run or throw every play...RPO :) Also gives Gibbs a LB to beat or pulls a LB away from the middle if we hand it off to Mason.

Malachi Carter - He has shown some SERIOUS Redzone threat. If he has a big year for us next year... think 800+ yards and 9+ TDs he may see a shot at the NFL.

Kaleb Oliver- He is another guy if the NFL based only on measurables he would be an NFL draft pick. He can blitz and rush the QB, and proven he can pick the ball off. If he can put it all together this year and finish with 2-3 picks and 2-3 sacks he may write himself onto some scout sheets.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Agree it’s silly to list underclassmen.

Cochran, White, Swilling, and Quinney are the ones I’ve seen associated with the draft. Quinney needs to put together better film next year. I’d think Carp and Juanyeh could play themselves into being drafted next year. Mason probably ends up an UFA but I’d bet on him making a roster down the line.