Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I would like to note to all the reports of Collins being the lead candidate, if you go by the reports we have only interviewed 2 people, one which has pulled is name out.

What reports have said that TS only interviewed two people? I have only seen reports indicating that he interviewed KW and GC, but I have not seen any reports that nobody else was interviewed. Apparently one guy was hanging out in the Hotel that TS was staying in in New York watching for coaches to come in, but many of the people reporting are nowhere close to where TS is and can't possibly know who he has or has not talked to.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
He’s not below average, but he’s not a good hire either.
Really when did you interview him? Enlighten us on any other interviews you had for the head coach. To say he not your choice that is fine or you would rather it be ______ is fine but you are making a judgement call saying someone is not a good hire that you have not talked to or interviewed

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If he leaves in 2yrs that mean GT is a great place and he was promoted again to Either Bama or UF (i doubt it tho)
Great place in two years? Come on man, that ain’t how it works. He just needs to show enough potential to get hired by one of the SEC dumpster fires willing to pay 4-5 mill.

That resume would be a red flag in any other industry. Hopefully he’d settle in, but I’m not sold just yet.

I do think he brings a ton of positives if he’s the guy though. He caters to the generation he’s recruiting. I think we could up our talent level significantly. I’m not sold on this, “Tech will never recruit” narrative that so many here pitch.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
If he leaves in 2yrs that mean GT is a great place and he was promoted again to Either Bama or UF (i doubt it tho)

There are many other jobs, other than just Bummer and GatorNation, that would be a step up, especially in $$, for a coach. I will be surprised beyond belief if he has enough success early to move anywhere (assuming this all comes to fruition), unless we move him. I hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.