Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Because his offense will not work in college football, much less At GT. Even nick Saban has seen that pro offenses do not work in college because they take too much time to implement and college athletes do not have the time to put into it to make it work. Also, NFL offenses are more about my Jimmies and Joes can beat yours. GT WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THAT. Our administration does not have the balls to add to Tech’s curriculum to admit and keep enough of the type kids that are needed to do what Clemson and Bama do. You will never see a pro style offense win in the NCAA again. That is the reason Saban has moved on from it. That is the reason Saban has stomped LSU lately. Saban saw the writing on the wall. NFL offenses can not compete with the simplicity of some of today’s offenses. I don’t know why y’all don’t understand that this will not work within the current frame work of GT. Simply having a little more money will not solve all of the issues we have with attacking athletes.
I agree 100 percent that a pro style offense would not work at GT. Thing is, you are assuming that is what we would run if we hired Whiz. When in reality he could hire a spread option OC. People are upset about the potential of Whiz being the HC, but they are basing on what they THINK would happen. It’s just all opinions with no facts. Which is fine, because we are all entitled to our own opinions. The only issue I have with it, is when we say stuff as if its a fact when we have no proof for it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have a rivals account, but can anyone comment on who this is about?
If you have $99 I would sign up. Well worth it, because you get the $99 dollar gift code. I did and got a knitted baby blanket for my 2nd son, a set of 3 golf balls with buzz on them for my 1st son, a fairway buzz head cover, an adidas T shirt, and a long sleeve sweater material shirt for my wife. I came out of pocket like $19 for the remained over the $99.

Collinttaylor

Georgia Tech Fan
If you have $99 I would sign up. Well worth it, because you get the $99 dollar gift code. I did and got a knitted baby blanket for my 2nd son, a set of 3 golf balls with buzz on them for my 1st son, a fairway buzz head cover, an adidas T shirt, and a long sleeve sweater material shirt for my wife. I came out of pocket like $19 for the remained over the $99.
I’m a college student, so that $99 is a little steep for myself. I’ve been thinking about it though. Wish they’d have a student discount.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Still think all the Whiz stuff was all misdirection and he was never a candidate.

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
I like all of them to varying degrees except Napier, but I think we have zero.zero chance to get any of them except Napier.

Kingsbury reportedly had multiple NFL offers within 24 hours of being fired.

Wikipedia is stating that Louisville has hired Satterfield.

If I didn't believe that Lincoln Riley was heading to the NFL and Heupel was going to replace him, **maybe** we would have a chance at Heupel. But I am not sure that Georgia Tech is really a "step up" from UCF anyway.

Helfrich is going to be a hot commodity after the Bears season. He's not coming to Georgia Tech.
Like I said, Louisville has hired Satterfield.

Next.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t followed his career. Ok results at temple, Florida D was good, but they had good recruiting while before he came. What about him makes you happy?
Key part of our best recruiting class in the last 30 years

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
Pretty sad to read posters claiming they are abandoning GT football because Paul Johnson is leaving, or claiming that GT cannot attract top flight talent, or angrily denouncing certain potential head coaches, with vitriol.

I believe that with the right coach, there is no reason why GT can't have a terrific football program which can compete year in and year out to play in the ACC Championship Game.

And I'm still in favor of Whisenhunt for all the reasons I stated earlier. But I will support my Jackets and hope for all the best no matter who they hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.