Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As a GT fan since the 90's, this is how it feels:

charlie brown.jpg

When everything seems to fall into place for GT...

(The irony of Charlie Brown's shirt isn't lost on me.)

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’ll support whatever happens. I wanted a change and everything that comes with it. I was tired of that offense, lack of recruiting and everyone except GT fans saying we could do so much better. I know we can do better. Just have to hope it works out.

I also want to say that those of you with this “I’m sitting back watching the CPJ haters wrong their hands” attitude suck. PJ retired. He wasn’t fired. He wasn’t run off. He retired in his own. He started out 1-3 after going 1-3 in making bowls leading up to it. We got beat by every team with a pulse this year. We beat a down VT and Miami team who flat out sucked. Don’t delude yourselves into thinking those were quality wins. UVA may be our only quality win this year. That’s the truth of it. We are better than that. I believe PJ when he said he almost retired 3 years ago. I’d like to think he just slipped a little and got tired and lost his mojo and was simply going through the motions. The program has had that feeling for 3 years. Except for the 2016 Ugag win which was PJ doing nothing more than taking advantage of a new coaching staff over there who went 7-5 that year with a loss at home to Vandy. Hope he rests up and comes back to dominate.
Maybe we can add to the list of what everybody else is saying: Not every team GT beats is the worst suck *** gaggle of untalented morons to grace a football field that year. Geez, beat the mutt on their home field & all we can come up with is well they sucked that year.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
arnanderson_6777.jpg

Worked for/with this guy at Warehouse Groceries before college (he was one of the butchers, and I had the unenviable task of cleaning up after the butchers finished their work) - real name is Marty Lundy.

I think it's working! I'm derailing the thread!

I've had the opportunity to meet a bunch of wrestlers in my line of work and in a previous job. Most of them are pretty down to earth good guys.

I got to give AJ Styles a hard time about being a dwag, and he goes, "Dang it. My son is really, really smart, he'll probably end up going to Georgia Tech."

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
My personal opinion is that Whisenhunt is a terrible choice. If he's hired I will root for him to prove me wrong. I think Whisenhunt's ceiling for offense is solidly mediocre, but at least there shouldn't be a limit on the defense.
If you think his offense is mediocre god help you

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe we can add to the list of what everybody else is saying: Not every team GT beats is the worst suck *** gaggle of untalented morons to grace a football field that year. Geez, beat the mutt on their home field & all we can come up with is well they sucked that year.

I’m always happy to beat them but let’s look at the last two years and call this what it is. PJs system always has good luck against first time coaches. Then coaches get a feel for it and they are ready for it next time. Great for beating bigger more talented teams with coaches who don’t see it. But when they catch on it becomes a lot more difficult for the system to cover the talent gap. Sorry but that’s the truth.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I just want someone that can recruit good players, has good game preparation, and excellent game management. Our coach will need good assistants that can teach our players and all the above.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I have no words. Not even contacting viable candidates is not a good way to start the search. All signs pointing to the Whiz now. He’s not my choice, but in the end I want to win. I hope Stansbury proves me wrong, I don’t think this is the guy to take us to the promise land.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If you were one of our opponents, who would you least like GT to hire? Who scares you?

Conversely, who would you most like to see hired?

As an opponent, say Bud Foster at Virginia Tech as an example, the guy I do not want Tech to hire would be another @#$*&^%$ triple option SOB like Monken. The guy I would most like to see is a conventional spread option or pro style offense scheme who is not being adequately funded with very capable assistants and a wide ranging, all in emphasis on recruiting. If the conventional candidate gets lots of $$$ and outstanding assistants to the point of having the luxury of being a CEO type ala Dabo then that would be cause for concern as well. A relatively young guy like Collins who might see this as a last stop and really work hard would give an opponent pause as well. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.