Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Tony Elliott is better than Brent Key. I think Brent's comments about GT on the recruiting trail disqualify him.
I'd be surprised if there is any coach in the south east thats hasn't negatively recruited Tech.
I'm opposed to Key because he spent one bad year as an OC and the rest of his coaching tenure is position coach. He *may* work out, but it's too big of a gamble considering we should have our pick of coaches.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn’t he negatively recruit GT a lot even resulting in a db flip.

Do you mean Geoff Collins did negatively recruit GT? In what way did he "negatively" recruit GT other than simply recruiting a player we were also recruiting? (I'm honestly asking this. I don't know anything about it).

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
upload_2018-11-30_16-5-59.png

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand he used to go pretty hard negatively recruiting against GT. Not sure if it matters but people have and issue with Key should have this in mind as well.

I understand this. We can't have people whose words will come back to haunt them. But if you recruit against another school, wouldn't it have to be somewhat negative?
I mean, if he was really badmouthing us, it wouldn't be good. Like that former coach who went from GT to Ugag and compared it to going from Pepsi to Coke.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Both key and collins gave tech a rough go recruiting against us.

Both called tech expressing interest

I want to warn u. Some old stoggy fart money guys wanted wisenhunt 10 years ago. There is pressure there. Its why he is interviewed first and it leaked. It could be window dressing. I hope so.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Now we have to hope our AD will listen :)

Why would he listen to a major UGA homer. This guy is going to call for us to hire a coach they think they can continue beating. Anybody he doesn’t want should be at or near the top of our list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
From Wiki

Controversy[edit]
According to a lawsuit filed in January 2017, a Baylor graduate alleges she was gang raped by two football players in 2013. In addition, allegedly more than 50 instances of rape, committed by 31 football players, occurred between 2011 and 2014. The lawsuit alleges Kendal Briles, former Baylor assistant coach, encouraged these actions and once asked a Dallas potential recruit: "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."[6]

Wow! What a piece of ****!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are trippin about kiffin. I don’t want that clown anywhere near our program. What is so attractive about the dude? Lol he just screams D-bag.
He's funny, and a good recruiter. Not sure if he's been clean about it though. Runs a good offense. Has been solid everywhere. Got fired from USC but most think he's probably grown up some since then and hopefully learned from his time with Saban. I guess he gives off a sleezy vibe, but I think he's worth an interview. IDK what exactly he's done to seem so repulsive to some though.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Both key and collins gave tech a rough go recruiting against us.

Both called tech expressing interest

I want to warn u. Some old stoggy fart money guys wanted wisenhunt 10 years ago. There is pressure there. Its why he is interviewed first and it leaked. It could be window dressing. I hope so.

There is a lot of big money behind Ken. He would not be a terrible hire like most say on here. What if hired Tmartin as his OC? Then what would you say.

I think Ken would make a great coach during the time we are trying to raise major dollars and improve our program. He is the only guy on the list that could get several of these guys to give more.

What do you think about this scenario ? He hires a coach in waiting for example a Tmartin and then retires in 5 years. I firmly believe he could find a way to win at the rate we currently are and beat UGA a couple of times. Then we have our young dynamic coach ready to go with great facilities and a real recruiting staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The more that I hear and listen to Jeff Monken, the more I want him to be the next coach. What he has done at Army is nothing short of amazing. Very similar to what CPJ did at Navy. I hope he has a shot. Him and Satterfield are my top two.

I was at GSU when Monken was and think he's a very good coach. I also think it'd be a bad idea from both sides for Monken to come here. It'd be viewed as just a continuation of Johnson's tenure (which even in the best of cases has it's own issues for a coach). Many would view that as a good thing. Many would view that as a bad thing. Regardless of which side you fall on it's not a good situation for a new coach to come into a situation with that kind of divided fanbase. There would be little leeway and any kind of struggle early would likely result in a very toxic situation because the issues we have had the past couple of years would be tacked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.