#POSTGAME uga 37 - GT 14

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The OL. played very well. Do not recall many, if any, off-sides or holding calls, and Gibson had time in the pocket. I was predicting numerous off-sides penalties as they tried to jump the gun to pass block and was was also predicting 6 or 7 sacks.

Gibson played well too. Did not hold the ball too long and looked down to find the backs as secondary receivers when no one was open.

Overall, the coaches had a great game plan and played very well except for two huge consecutive fumbles deep in our territory which changed the trajectory of the game. Hard to overcome those turnovers against the No. 1 team. Things fell apart after that.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What surprised me the most is we were never manhandled. We looked to be their equal except for some mistakes and some big plays they hit. Our line protected pretty well and, except for some big plays, our D played them quite well. Given the difference in recruiting, records, rankings and about everything, this should have looked like the Mississippi game. But it didn't.

Agree totally with 4 SHot B's point. It is esccially true when the defense you are playing against is much faster than your offense. I have seen that play out in many a Georgia - Georgia Tech game.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Random, but who else thought our uniforms looked AWESOME on Saturday?
I'm never a fan of White jerseys, but as a visiting team we don't have a lot of choice. I say that not because it looks bad or anything...in fact I think it looks great...but opposing teams can just wear white gloves and make it way harder to see a hold. Not that anyone calls holds anymore if they aren't tackles, but still.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The
The OL. played very well. Do not recall many, if any, off-sides or holding calls, and Gibson had time in the pocket. I was predicting numerous off-sides penalties as they tried to jump the gun to pass block and was was also predicting 6 or 7 sacks.

Gibson played well too. Did not hold the ball too long and looked down to find the backs as secondary receivers when no one was open.

Overall, the coaches had a great game plan and played very well except for two huge consecutive fumbles deep in our territory which changed the trajectory of the game. Hard to overcome those turnovers against the No. 1 team. Things fell apart after that.
The OL got better at the end of the season and Gibson improved more than I thought he was capable. Got to give credit to the coaches. Wish Pyron hadn't gotten hurt though.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello Tech! Just dropping by to say great effort and very good execution for a good chunk of the game!

Tech showed up very well in front of a national audience against a very good UGA team. This bodes very well for the future.

Good luck with the HC hire and going forward. Also, too bad for Mrs. Sheboygan Jacket as The Axe is staying in Minneapolis for another year. Billd.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
You know CGC jinxed the TE position when he faux lined up in the Flexbone set, motioned to the shotgun spread, then threw to an uncovered TE. TE was DOOMED under CGC from that day on.

I'm kidding...kinda...
<topic_off>
For that move alone TFFG deserved the interview that CPJ gave. What an insult to the players that CPJ recruited to play that flexbone. I had forgotten about that...
</topic_off>

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
<topic_off>
For that move alone TFFG deserved the interview that CPJ gave. What an insult to the players that CPJ recruited to play that flexbone. I had forgotten about that...
</topic_off>
I was never a fan of CGC. But to be honest, I always thought (in the moment and afterwards) that move was to pay homage to the CPJ era. And I’m pretty sure that’s been corroborated by players.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I was never a fan of CGC. But to be honest, I always thought (in the moment and afterwards) that move was to pay homage to the CPJ era. And I’m pretty sure that’s been corroborated by players.
I didn't think that. When they changed out of the flexbone formation but before the snap, C****s was flapping his arms trying to get fans to applaud the change.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, fair enough. That's what I thought at the time too.

But after all the years of trash-talking it feels in retrospect to be a 'everything is better now.' Probably just me being mad about The Lost Years. 😠

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m his first Spring game the QB (Graham, Lucas, or Tobias…can’t remember which) lined up in flexbone and then basically shrugged off the formation to drop back into the shotgun. I was there - sure didn’t feel like paying homage at the time.