POSTGAME #GTvsVT GT 28-VT 27

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Another interesting moment for me was when Pyron ran for a first down. When he slid, the defender went for the decapitation and just grazed his helmet. To me, that should have been targeting. Just because his aim was slightly off, all of the intent was there to mess him up.
Doesn’t the rule specify that contact is made for a penalty to be enforced? If the rules mentions intent with no contact, I’ll agree with your comment.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
For those of us who never could get the game on any media platform how did we pull it out at the end?

2 turnovers by VT in the last 3 or so minutes
several good runs and throws by Pyron
outstanding catch and run by McCollum for TD for over 50 yards
at least two good runs by Dontae for more than 10 yards
conversion of a third down and 19 to McCollum (besides the turnovers was biggest play of the win)
continued great D by C Thomas, and White
gutsy TD run by Pyron for the last score
and more

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nicely done, boys :)
Our record up there is a bit baffling considering it is what is usually referred to as a "hostile environment". However, look at our record vs Uga at their place vs. our own place...my theory is our players feed off of the big game environment that is often lacking at BDS and certainly lacking at your place and at Wallace Wade or even Keenan Stadium. I would rather us go to Tallahassee or Blacksburg. They had a fantastic crowd and environment yesterday given their record AND the weather at game time.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Our record up there is a bit baffling considering it is what is usually referred to as a "hostile environment". However, look at our record vs Uga at their place vs. our own place...my theory is our players feed off of the big game environment that is often lacking at BDS and certainly lacking at your place and at Wallace Wade or even Keenan Stadium. I would rather us go to Tallahassee or Blacksburg. They had a fantastic crowd and environment yesterday given their record AND the weather at game time.
Honestly, it's an ENTIRELY reasonable take. Kids are kids, and a hype environment is a hype environment, and a lame environment is a lame environment.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

CT has to pick up his head. It wasn't targeting at all but if the VT QB had lowered his head and that got hit it could have been.

Fabulous play. On one hand I think college football should have a limited life expectancy due to concussions. On the other hand, this is the way the game should be played.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m kind of shocked about the parity this year. And other than uga, lots of teams seem down, including SEC teams like Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, and Texas A&M. Ohio State and Clemson look below par as well.

Uga has another perfect storm brewing for a repeat national championship.
It's sad but true. I don't think there are any great teams this year. Even the gaggers are not as good as last year but they are less not as good as everyone else.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Probably the biggest play of the game. Great throw by Pyron, great finish by Nate

Nate and Pyron seem to know where the sticks are and are willing to get there or die trying. Some other guys seem to always come up a step or two short.That really sticks out to me as a fan and it separates the real football players from the ones who are on the team and just participate. Coming up short of the chains when you are unwilling or unable to lower your chin and take a hit is just a bit shy of what John Heisman said about young men who fumble the football. It's easy to spot on the TV or in the stands who has "it" and who doesn't.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Nate and Pyron seem to know where the sticks are and are willing to get there or die trying. Some other guys seem to always come up a step or two short.That really sticks out to me as a fan and it separates the real football players from the ones who are on the team and just participate. Coming up short of the chains when you are unwilling or unable to lower your chin and take a hit is just a bit shy of what John Heisman said about young men who fumble the football. It's easy to spot on the TV or in the stands who has "it" and who doesn't.
Wish some of that "it" would rub off on our TE's.