POSTGAME #GTvsVT GT 28-VT 27

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He reminds me of the UVA QB with the weird throwing motion. Given that comparison and the Tebow comparison earlier ITT, it's not the end of the world, but those passes to the sidelines seem to hang in the air for a long time to only come away with a short completion and his arm angle will lead to more tipped passes at the

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we just enjoy a great win by a brand my new QB who brought us back from the brink of defeat by showing incredible poise and toughness in the 4th quarter on the road in his first start? Tech fans are a tough crowd to please which is amazing given what we have had to endure the past three seasons. I for one am celebrating for a change.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Can we just enjoy a great win by a brand my new QB who brought us back from the brink of defeat by showing incredible poise and toughness in the 4th quarter on the road in his first start? Tech fans are a tough crowd to please which is amazing given what we have had to endure the past three seasons. I for one am celebrating for a change.
Yep. Some of the posters remind me of some of the posters from the CPJ days. If XYZ beat us it’s because we suck. If we beat XYZ, it’s only because they suck and I still want to be miserable. Yes, we only have 4 wins so far, but it’s been 4 years since we could say that. I’m going to have another beer and enjoy football life for at least another week.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was a 1 pt win over a 2-7 Virginia Tech team. I think my original post was adequately celebratory and have subsequently responded to posts critiquing my take and should be read in the full context of the conversation, not cherry picked.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Pyron kid reminds me of Matthew Jordan. Got lots of grit. Remember when Jordan started for the first time and at VT for that matter and won us the game?
Matthew Jordan, Tobias Oliver and now Zach Pyron all GT Qbs making their first collegiate starts against VT in Lane Stadium… think I know what our secret recipe is to beating VT.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of over reaction here, but I’m glad we got the dub. Pyron making good decisions. I thought it was funny when he ran it in. It’s almost like he was tired of the bad play calling and said F it I’m gonna do it my self. If we hand the ball off more to our RBs the game would’ve been over in the 3rd. Chip Long has no feel for the game. Way too many pass plays. Good running qb and good running backs. Nate is a good slot guy but we act like we have 3 stud WRs to run an Air Raid.

Happy for the win. Go Jackets!
On Pyron’s TD run he used the ref as a blocker against VT’s #4 linebacker to help get the score. Pretty nifty of him.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
4 wins.
Last one on a gut check after we gave worst special team in football a td return.

yep on the punt ret--everybody was giddy over the new guy came up with a plan not to get blocked-- whoopTdo--DOZENS of teams give protection AND don't allow TD returns.
Some of this is not recruiting LBs who should be the heart of your kick teams.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
yep on the punt ret--everybody was giddy over the new guy came up with a plan not to get blocked-- whoopTdo--DOZENS of teams give protection AND don't allow TD returns.
Some of this is not recruiting LBs who should be the heart of your kick teams.
The idea that we need line men as a shild for punter is well, ludicrous. U get the punt of - then here they come!