Post week 7 bowl projections

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
As you may or may not know, the ncaa has waived the win requirement for bowls this year. We may get in on P5 clout alone or way may run the table and make it anyway

our currently projection is sun bowl vs ASU or military bowl against Navy. Discuss

Deleted member 2897

As you may or may not know, the ncaa has waived the win requirement for bowls this year. We may get in on P5 clout alone or way may run the table and make it anyway

our currently projection is sun bowl vs ASU or military bowl against Navy. Discuss

We need to go 4-2 to outright qualify for a bowl. And our remaining schedule includes Boston College, Pittsburgh, Duke, and NC State. And Notre Dame that frankly hasn’t been playing well. And Miami who may Miami by then. So I’m saying there’s a small chance.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We need to go 4-2 to outright qualify for a bowl. And our remaining schedule includes Boston College, Pittsburgh, Duke, and NC State. And Notre Dame that frankly hasn’t been playing well. And Miami who may Miami by then. So I’m saying there’s a small chance.
The 6 win requirement has been waived this year. With some conferences only playing 6-8 games, there’s no way it would hold up. I’m sure bowl games will be instructed to target teams with winning records first, but if a selection came down to a 5-6 or even a 4-7 Georgia Tech team and a 3-3 MAC team, Tech probably gets the nod.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Not true:

There is no .500 requirement to play in a bowl this year. In fact, there is no requirement to win even 1 game this year, so GT is already bowl eligible.

Deleted member 2897

Well you missed my “outright” comment. If all the games end up getting played, you could run out of bowls before you get past teams with 6 wins. Might as well shoot for the record you know gets you a bowl.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I believe it depends if fans are allowed into the game. If so, Tech's chances dwindle for an invite.
Bowl games are about TV money more than in-person attendance anyway. While Tech doesn’t have the largest following or brand, it’s still larger than the overwhelming majority of G5 teams. With the MAC only playing 6 games and the MWC playing 8, bowl games would absolutely take a 5-6 GT team over a 4-4 Colorado State, or 3-3 Eastern Michigan.

Well you missed my “outright” comment. If all the games end up getting played, you could run out of bowls before you get past teams with 6 wins. Might as well shoot for the record you know gets you a bowl.
Everyone wants to get to 6 wins. But regardless of that fact, bowl games don’t even get filled up with 6+ win teams when everybody is playing 12 game schedules. It would actually be impossible to run out of bowl games before you ran out of 6 win teams this year.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I think we're pretty much guaranteed to run out of 6 win teams if all the bowls get played. Big 10 teams are gonna play 7 game regular seasons and Pac12/MAC probably 6 game seasons.

But will all the bowl games get played? Who knows? And I don't even know how they will manage conference tie-ins. Maybe they just make them all "at large" bids.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
In a year like this, I would just want someone we could beat. I wouldn't mind playing Navy (yeah, yeah I know, triple option, whatever)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The 6 win requirement has been waived this year. With some conferences only playing 6-8 games, there’s no way it would hold up. I’m sure bowl games will be instructed to target teams with winning records first, but if a selection came down to a 5-6 or even a 4-7 Georgia Tech team and a 3-3 MAC team, Tech probably gets the nod.
I you didn't have at least 10 games scheduled, then you shouldn't be able to go to a bowl game.

Deleted member 2897

I you didn't have at least 10 games scheduled, then you shouldn't be able to go to a bowl game.

I agree and who cares what the Big10 thinks. You shouldn’t be able to waltz into the CFP at 6-2 or 7-1 when there are 11-0 and 10-1 teams...or hell, I’d take a 9-2 over a 7-0 or 8-0. As long as it isn’t georgia.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree and who cares what the Big10 thinks. You shouldn’t be able to waltz into the CFP at 6-2 or 7-1 when there are 11-0 and 10-1 teams...or hell, I’d take a 9-2 over a 7-0 or 8-0.
The Office Reaction GIF

Screw the Big 10. The College Football Playoffs should have just told the Big 10 to shove it because they started late and play less games.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
One one hand: I think it would be pretty unfair to put a team in the playoffs that has played several less games than the others. Less wear and tear and all that.

On the other hand: I don't really want the SEC sneaking two teams in, given who the second team will probably be, so go ahead and let Ohio State in.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
the second team will probably be, so go ahead and let Ohio State in.
The second team will likely be Florida which I am fine with, I just don't want Bama or Georgia in. But even still, screw the Big 10 I feel like they yanked football thinking everyone would follow suit and then backtracked when SEC, ACC, and Sunbelt decided they weren't going to cancel football. They decided to start late and play less games too bad so sad for them should have been the mindset, but we all know money talks and that is why they were allowed back into contention for the CFBP.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I wouldn't mind playing Arizona State. I think that would be a fun, close game.
I am biased as hell here, but I wouldn't mind seeing GT play Georgia State because GSU has been playing good, just catching bad breaks in their two losses.