Post Spring Practice Depth Chart

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Will there be one published?

Should we just go ahead and post our own speculation?

OFFENSE
QB Matthew Jordan, TaQuon Marshall
BB Dedrick Mills, Kirvonte Benson
AB Clinton Lynch, Nathan Cottrell
AB Qua Searcy, JJ Green
WR Ricky Jeune, Antonio Messick
WR Brad Stewart, Jalen Camp
LT Jahaziel Lee, Jake Stickler
LG Parker Braun, Shamire Devine
C Kenny Cooper, Scott Morgan
RG Will Bryan, Brad Morgan
RT Andrew Marshall, Freshman or Walkon

DEFENSE
DE KeShun Freeman, Tyler Vernon
DT Brandon Adams, Desmond Branch
DT Kyle Cerge-Henderson, Brentavious Glanton
DE Antonio Simmons, Anree St. Amour
OLB Terrell Lewis, David Curry
MLB Brant Mitchell, Tyler Cooksey
OLB Vic Alexander, Tre Jackson
SS Corey Griffin, Law Austin
FS AJ Gray, Shaun Kagawa
CB Lance Austin, Ajani Kerr
CB Step Durham, Lamont Simmons

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Right now I agree, but not LT. Would not be surprised to see Jake as the starter depending who works harder in the summer. Would like to see us sign 7 or 8 offensive lineman love the ones we have but we need more depth.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Right now I agree, but not LT. Would not be surprised to see Jake as the starter depending who works harder in the summer. Would like to see us sign 7 or 8 offensive lineman love the ones we have but we need more depth.

We have 4 or 5 OL coming in this summer

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Will there be one published?

Should we just go ahead and post our own speculation?

OFFENSE
QB Matthew Jordan, TaQuon Marshall
BB Dedrick Mills, Kirvonte Benson
AB Clinton Lynch, Nathan Cottrell
AB Qua Searcy, JJ Green
WR Ricky Jeune, Antonio Messick
WR Brad Stewart, Jalen Camp
LT Jahaziel Lee, Jake Stickler
LG Parker Braun, Shamire Devine
C Kenny Cooper, Scott Morgan
RG Will Bryan, Brad Morgan
RT Andrew Marshall, Freshman or Walkon

DEFENSE
DE KeShun Freeman, Tyler Vernon
DT Brandon Adams, Desmond Branch
DT Kyle Cerge-Henderson, Brentavious Glanton
DE Antonio Simmons, Anree St. Amour
OLB Terrell Lewis, David Curry
MLB Brant Mitchell, Tyler Cooksey
OLB Vic Alexander, Tre Jackson
SS Corey Griffin, Law Austin
FS AJ Gray, Shaun Kagawa
CB Lance Austin, Ajani Kerr
CB Step Durham, Lamont Simmons
Great guess!(y)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lb
Tyler C sure looked small at end of season. He had head phones on during games so maybe he has good grasp of defensive sets. During spring game he made tackles in backfield using good techniques .

Also Looks like he can run.

Knowing set = good first step.

Speed to point of attack = hard to block w out getting called for holding.

Good technique = getting enough of runner to make him stop to change directions so calvary can arrive.

Go Jackets

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Where was Shamire Friday. Hard to miss the big guy. Was he held out for some rea son? I did not see him on the field.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Branch might be our best DL this Fall. He seemed to come on strong at the end of last season and he's apparently had a good Spring. If he can get up to his target weight of 285 without losing speed he could be dangerous

So practice reports are good for Branch? I'm surprised to read comments like this after he was basically a non-factor last year (5 tackles), and it was his 3rd year in college. Hope he does live up to some of this hype, there is definitely playing time to be had on the D-Line.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I would still put Branch ahead of him, but I might put Adams in front of Cerge-Henderson if Adams was to get down to 320 this summer.
Agree, I would put Adams in right now over cerge-henderson though . Adams doesn't get moved, and eats up a ton of space. I watched the DT's on replay and he and branch were the most dominant. Cerge-henderson needs to work on his explosion I saw him getting blown off the LOS.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
So practice reports are good for Branch? I'm surprised to read comments like this after he was basically a non-factor last year (5 tackles), and it was his 3rd year in college. Hope he does live up to some of this hype, there is definitely playing time to be had on the D-Line.
He started out at DE for most of last year and didn't move to DT until the last few games and he played behind Gamble so he didn't play much but if you watch the Kentucky game again he made a decent difference and he was still adjusting to the change. Freeman, Branch, and Simmons should be fun to watch this year

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think Branch might be our best DL this Fall. He seemed to come on strong at the end of last season and he's apparently had a good Spring. If he can get up to his target weight of 285 without losing speed he could be dangerous

Branch and Simmons are far and away our best pass rushers. Adams is the run stuffer and probably plays situational. He has limited mobility whereas Branch, Henderson, and Glanton can pursue.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Branch and Simmons are far and away our best pass rushers. Adams is the run stuffer and probably plays situational. He has limited mobility whereas Branch, Henderson, and Glanton can pursue.
I don't care if Adams can't pursue the greatest, if he's clogging up holes, that's all we need and that frees up other guys. Go back and watch the spring game, Henderson and Glanton might be able to pursue but it doesn't mean much if they are getting blown off the ball and making tackles down field. Henderson imo needs to work on explosion and strength and he will be fine, Glanton imo needs to work on getting stronger.