Post Practice 4/14

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
- Team in shorts today

- Back to pads Wednesday

- Got a lot of guys back today still a lot out

- Waller, Smelter, Gamble were all back

- CPJ said KeShun Freeman has had a good Spring...he's been impressed by him from the first time he's seen him. Said he has good feet and a good motor.

- Said Zach Laskey has had a really good Spring and has matured

- Marcordes, Gotsis, Mason and Nealy have had good Springs

- Needs Dennis Andrews to be more consistent

- Broderick Snoddy is staying at A back...CPJ said he wants to be more consistent but A back gives him the best chance.

- Said he hopes Deon is fix and ready for the Fall as we are counting on him.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Somebody on the Georgia Southern messageboard said they went to last Saturday's Tech scrimmage and they're now convinced Southern will beat Tech.

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
Hahaha he's basing that off a spring scrimmage!? Ok let's base the braves season spring training. We can also predict the whole NFL season just by looking at pre season games

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Somebody on the Georgia Southern messageboard said they went to last Saturday's Tech scrimmage and they're now convinced Southern will beat Tech.

Someone on the UGA message board said they went to the Dwag spring game and they're now convinced UGA will win the national championship. I just can't remember if that was this year, last year, 2012, 2011, 2010,...............,1923.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I'd be willing to lay some lumber on that guy swamp...won't happen.

Oh, I'm sure he means well. And I think Fritz will do OK at Southern. But ... they lost a lot off last year's team, especially on defense, and they weren't real good on defense last year. Plus, Southern's kicking game is still a shambles. They're going back to the Hanks kid over the Koo kid. Kicking game, or lack thereof, killed them two years ago. Couldn't make chip shots against App at home (saw it first-hand), lost the game and wound up going to NDSU on the road for the semis. Again.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow

yep, it's being discussed! this is the one game next season where my allegiance to my alma mater of GA southern wins out. been waiting for this game since it was scheduled!

i was as the southern spring game last saturday. they rotated in four different quarterbacks with different groupings so it wasn't easy to get a great feel for what anyone skill player can do. plus, they threw an awful lot--much more than they will on average during games. coach fritz even stated this. i think the eagles will be 80/20 run this season. as always, they have excellent speed on O. the starting OL is comprised of seniors who've played together for years. should be a strength. the big question for southern's O is how well will that have the new system down?

the biggest question on the eagle D will be depth during the move up to FBS. in past years, FBS teams just wore them down and there was a significant drop off from 1st to 2nd string talent wise. makes sense with only 65 schollies at the FCS level. they played well during the spring game. but, it's not unusual for the D to play better than the O in springtime anyway. who knows what kind of injuries will happen this summer.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Again. 4-5 touchdown loss for Georgia Southern. It won't even be that close.

Not a knock on Southern, but it won't even be close. There's no comparison regarding the talent level, and PJ's teams don't overlook lesser opponents (excepting MTSU and G-W, which were special circumstances). There is no way CPJ is going to let Georgia Southern even have a chance at beating him. He won't run up the score, but it won't be close.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
@Stonewall might want to change his name to stoned wall, if he things Southern has a chace. (y)

that is my handle on another forum! for some reason my stonewall wouldn't work so i'm stonedwall.

i want GT to win every game but that one. no way i can root against my alma mater. that's the odd thing about southern moving up, too. i've been a GT fan since childhood and they've been my "FBS" team since southern was FCS. most FCS fans are like that. now, i guess i have two FBS teams. regardless, i HATE the mutts and so do many eagle fans.