Post Game

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It will be a problem if we get rid of CPJ, which was Eric's point.

I dont think so. We can run auburns scheme no problem with our exact personnel. Its not as big a deal as people think. Devine will kick out to tackle. Our Ab some become slot wr some become speed backs. Our bb are our primary first down backs or fullbacks depending on who. I just dont see an issue other than TE and move klock there.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The problem is youth and size on the DL. We would have won if we get a pass rush with 4.

Thank you Captain Obvious (just yanking your chain)

But that is not the question. Somebody is responsible. Roof? Players ( here I step in and say no)? The Hill ( great part)? ACC refs? Maybe the HC. Hey, maybe we are on to something. 7 years is enough time to graduate from GT. It is enough time for the POTUS of the U.S. Of A. for gosh sakes.

He is paid the big bucks, has been given more than enough time. Is still arrogant. If the problem is youth and size on the DL CPJ has had plenty of time to address the issue, but he seems more interested in signing more A / B backs than anything.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
UNC's offense has been getting better and better each game. Some of that tonight had to do with finally having a healthy offensive line but a lot of it had to do with the confidence they gained when they consistently ran up and down the field on Notre Dame. I'm sorry we didn't play them earlier in the season when they had not jelled yet on offense.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say this one thing and then I'm off to bed. Will likely stay off the site tomorrow because this one hurt.

It's a sad state of affairs when you find yourself yelling at your best receiver "FALL DOWN! THERES TOO MUCH TIME LEFT" as he's sprinting down the field for the go ahead touchdown and then following up by yelling at your defense on the first (and every) play of the next drive "LET HIM GO SO THE OFFENSE CAN GET THE BALL BACK." Both of these things happened in my living room tonight.

Will add that in no way do I blame Smelter for scoring that TD. Great play. Just knew there was no way our D could hold them again.

Good night all.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
UNC's offense has been getting better and better each game. Some of that tonight had to do with finally having a healthy offensive line but a lot of it had to do with the confidence they gained when they consistently ran up and down the field on Notre Dame. I'm sorry we didn't play them earlier in the season when they had not jelled yet on offense.

Thats great and all when a D makes and offense play well and earn it. We repetitivelylet them have it by alignment alone. Hence why the anger. 14 yards off on 3rd and 2. Repetitive no one over the slot in a weak soft zone. For christs same their qb set a record and somethjng like 14 straight completions. Look, they played teams worse than gt in talent and didnt have that. That is how far off we were at the snap. Guys were wide open for 8 all night.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see or hear from Roof about the game from his perspective. It would be interesting to hear his post game breakdown of the defense. A huge challenge in front of us now is to stay united as a team and not abandon or take jabs at your teammates because you are frustrated with the results.
We have to get some pressure or penetration from the DL on the QB or we will be in for it........Eric what are your expectations? I think that we miss Whitehead more than Custis at this point. Hope the men stay a lot more optimistic than the majority of people making posts here tonight. Go Jaclets stick together come out stronger due to these setbacks......Most of all I hope Laskey's shoulder injury isn't season ending

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I dont think so. We can run auburns scheme no problem with our exact personnel. Its not as big a deal as people think. Devine will kick out to tackle. Our Ab some become slot wr some become speed backs. Our bb are our primary first down backs or fullbacks depending on who. I just dont see an issue other than TE and move klock there.

And who are we going to get to run it? It's not that simple man.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to see or hear from Roof about the game from his perspective. It would be interesting to hear his post game breakdown of the defense. A huge challenge in front of us now is to stay united as a team and not abandon or take jabs at your teammates because you are frustrated with the results.
We have to get some pressure or penetration from the DL on the QB or we will be in for it........Eric what are your expectations? I think that we miss Whitehead more than Custis at this point. Hope the men stay a lot more optimistic than the majority of people making posts here tonight. Go Jaclets stick together come out stronger due to these setbacks......Most of all I hope Laskey's shoulder injury isn't season ending

I do not fault a single player. I fault the game plan.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Been sort of keeping up with UNC and I think people underestimated UNC's offense and I think it was partly Fedora's fault.

Fedora had been running a 2-QB system between Marquise Williams and Mitch Trubinsky until the Notre Dame game where Marquise started and finished the game. The only time Trubinsky saw the field today was when Williams was hurt for a play. UNC fans have been wondering why Fedora has put Trubinsky on the field when it seemed clear to them that Williams should their QB.

On the other hand, UNC's defense was known to be bad and that showed too.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
And who are we going to get to run it? It's not that simple man.
Isnt that the point of the new hire? Yes it is that simple. If paul can win 8 here his first year in a totally unique change, moving from him to auburn type scheme isnt a big stretch and jt is a good fit still

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say this one thing and then I'm off to bed. Will likely stay off the site tomorrow because this one hurt.

It's a sad state of affairs when you find yourself yelling at your best receiver "FALL DOWN! THERES TOO MUCH TIME LEFT" as he's sprinting down the field for the go ahead touchdown and then following up by yelling at your defense on the first (and every) play of the next drive "LET HIM GO SO THE OFFENSE CAN GET THE BALL BACK." Both of these things happened in my living room tonight.

Will add that in no way do I blame Smelter for scoring that TD. Great play. Just knew there was no way our D could hold them again.

Good night all.

Smelter did what he was supposed to do. The coach didn't make it clear that we had to run the clock out if we were going to win.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Thank you Captain Obvious (just yanking your chain)

But that is not the question. Somebody is responsible. Roof? Players ( here I step in and say no)? The Hill ( great part)? ACC refs? Maybe the HC. Hey, maybe we are on to something. 7 years is enough time to graduate from GT. It is enough time for the POTUS of the U.S. Of A. for gosh sakes.

He is paid the big bucks, has been given more than enough time. Is still arrogant. If the problem is youth and size on the DL CPJ has had plenty of time to address the issue, but he seems more interested in signing more A / B backs than anything.

Roof is one of the lowest paid DCs in the ACC FWIW. I was not a fan of the hire, but I think he has done ok. We had a decent front 4 last year on D and a decent secondary. Going into the year we were looking decent (not great, not bad), then some players took it on theirselves to flunk out and smoke too much pot. That is all on them IMO.

Tonight was probably Roof's worst game since his return. He was in a no win situation. Get beat over the top, or give up 8 yards per play.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Isnt that the point of the new hire? Yes it is that simple. If paul can win 8 here his first year in a totally unique change, moving from him to auburn type scheme isnt a big stretch and jt is a good fit still

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

We'll have to agree to disagree. It isn't that simple.

Peter Patsis

Georgia Tech Fan
Been sort of keeping up with UNC and I think people underestimated UNC's offense and I think it was partly Fedora's fault.

Fedora had been running a 2-QB system between Marquise Williams and Mitch Trubinsky until the Notre Dame game where Marquise started and finished the game. The only time Trubinsky saw the field today was when Williams was hurt for a play. UNC fans have been wondering why Fedora has put Trubinsky on the field when it seemed clear to them that Williams should their QB.

On the other hand, UNC's defense was known to be bad and that showed too.

Totally agree John. Announcers made that point as well that it seemed that UNC clearly was playing better without the 2-QB system. UNC has turned a corner and is playing excellent Offense. Defense is porous so it seemed that whoever had the ball last would win. UNC is turning out this season like last year. Fedora also started out slow with like a 1-5 record and lost 1-game the rest of the way including the bowl game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If 7 - 5 isn't good enough, then he's in trouble.
It's not 7-5 as 3 are
Roof is one of the lowest paid DCs in the ACC FWIW. I was not a fan of the hire, but I think he has done ok. We had a decent front 4 last year on D and a decent secondary. Going into the year we were looking decent (not great, not bad), then some players took it on theirselves to flunk out and smoke too much pot. That is all on them IMO.

Tonight was probably Roof's worst game since his return. He was in a no win situation. Get beat over the top, or give up 8 yards per play.

Yes get beat over the top is the correct answer because when u have 8 or 9 in box and mix up the blitzes that does happen some times.
However, u do occasionally - get a defensive score or a rushed pass. In any case u get the offense back on the field ! Back on the field back on the field - or we could let the other teams defense rest? Duh. They score on 8 of 9 drives and there is a question of needing to blitz.