Post-game presser

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We'll see what he has to say after he's let go tomorrow. Then would be time for the apology.

I don't feel sorry for Collins because he's a multi-millionaire, but I've nothing personal against him at all. He's just a guy who probably thought he could do a job, but can't.
An apology after you’re fired is just status quo. If I was the coach of “my favorite team” as he put it in one of his first interviews. I would be much more passionate on the sidelines and post game pressers. He is just blank face I don’t give a damn attitude is not how anyone on this board would act if we were the head coach at Tech.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t give a **** about GT dude. He’s just a salesman.

I think this was probably a dream job for him based on where he grew up. I think he does care for his players. I just think his shtick would work better in a lower classification or high school or something. But yes, he is a used car salesman through and through. He’s gotten far with that mentality but he’s been exposed as a not very good coach.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t know how to fix it. He knows it and we know it but he cant allow himself to quit. His demeanor was screaming for GT to fire him. He wants that but he can‘t say it because he is in a macho profession. It’s like a boxer who needs his manager to throw the towel so he can pretend he didn’t want it thrown. No one will be happier when he is fired than him. He’s gotta be living a nightmare everyday he drives to work. Now that it’s over I do believe his intentions to get GT back are genuine. He just doesn’t know how to do it.
I completely agree with your post. I think the honest thing to do is admit to others and himself that he is failing to build a good team - as he was hired to do. Other HCs have "stepped down" during and after seasons. I feel he would be respected and continue his coaching career as an assistant of some sort. He is a good man, IMO, just NOT a good HC. I have done a few things in my life where I have realized, no matter how bad I wanted to do them well, it wasn't going to happen.........golf, chess, writing a book, math teacher, pro baseball player, come to mind. Fortunately I did find something I was competent at, and someone would pay me well to do, but not before some stumbles along the way. Usually I knew I was not good waaaay before anyone had to tell me.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t know how to fix it. He knows it and we know it but he cant allow himself to quit. His demeanor was screaming for GT to fire him. He wants that but he can‘t say it because he is in a macho profession. It’s like a boxer who needs his manager to throw the towel so he can pretend he didn’t want it thrown. No one will be happier when he is fired than him. He’s gotta be living a nightmare everyday he drives to work. Now that it’s over I do believe his intentions to get GT back are genuine. He just doesn’t know how to do it.
It's worth about $3 million to get fired before the end of the season as opposed to the end of it.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I swear some of you are sharper than tacks. Yeah, it’s me. If you send me a self addressed and stamped envelope to my office, along with $50 to cover S & H, I will send you an autographed photo. I have them in your color choice of hoodies.

Best,
Coach
Coach,

Instead, can you record my voice mail greeting for me? Something like, “Sorry I missed your call, but I’m away from my desk working at a high level. Leave a message and I’ll call you back, and I promise our conversation will be elite.”

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Coach,

Instead, can you record my voice mail greeting for me? Something like, “Sorry I missed your call, but I’m away from my desk working at a high level. Leave a message and I’ll call you back, and I promise our conversation will be elite.”
Sure. That’s fifty bucks too. 🙂

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I swear some of you are sharper than tacks. Yeah, it’s me. If you send me a self addressed and stamped envelope to my office, along with $50 to cover S & H, I will send you an autographed photo. I have them in your color choice of hoodies.

Best,
Coach

I would humbly request one of your hoodies with the sleeves missing. I also like to show my arms.

regards,

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer

Best,
Coach

You guys are getting suckered on the hoodies. Its the signed socks that are the real collectibles.

public radio cash GIF by WFAE 90.7 (Charlotte's NPR News Source)

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this was probably a dream job for him based on where he grew up. I think he does care for his players. I just think his shtick would work better in a lower classification or high school or something. But yes, he is a used car salesman through and through. He’s gotten far with that mentality but he’s been exposed as a not very good coach.
Growing up in Decatur makes GT a dream Job?