Post-game presser

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It’s great to have a high opinion of yourself, but, paraphrasing Robert Burns, better to be able to see yourself as others see you. If Collins is the type who takes the low road - always trying to shift the blame for his failures to others or to “circumstances” - that just reveals a character flaw and probably should have been caught in the hiring process.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I am sure that he has been advised by his agent/attorney to give such answers. He must avoid any controversial comments that may lead to dismissal for cause. He knows he will be fired and he wants the full buyout.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Don’t think he loves GT but he does probably love the kids. People either forget or don’t know but when he left in 2007 for the same position at Alabama he was blasting “Sweet Home Alabama” from his speakers in his office and kind of being a **** on his way out. Kelly even initially reported that he was a no go for the job because of how many bridges he burned on his way out. GOL lobbied hard for him which is how he got the interview and eventually the job. There was a lot of animosity between the school and him prior to him getting the job because of how big of a jerk he was perceived to be towards us.

Shocking…😐

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Stansbury needs to face the press.

“Well……ahhhhhhhh………uhhhhhhhh…..we thought……ummmm…….Geoff’s…..uhhhhhhh…….vast experience………uhhhhhhhh…….and……ummmmmm……branding skills…….ahhhhhhh…….would overcome…….uhhhhhhh…..his lack of actual…..ahhhhhhh…..coaching ability. That’s why we……uhhhhhh……I……uhhhhh……though a 7 year contract….uhhhhh….for some on the job training……ummmmmm……would benefit both parties….. 😐

ScGold

Banned
Horrific. Same answers. What are we doing here???? Thank you to Ken for straight up asking him why he is fit to still be the head coach.
He basically answers every question the same way. He should run for political office.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
He just won’t answer a question. Goes off on some rant about schematics he won’t get in to or what was said in the locker room that he won’t get in to. Tries to come off like he’s the smartest guy in the room and I don’t really think that’s the case. 😐
I think eveybody learned a lesson here. Don't hire a guy that hides behind his visor.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
The thing that gets to me is he constantly talks about how he "really loves these guys". If he truly cares about the players, as he insists, then he should do right by them & move on so someone with more football knowledge can help them.
Spot on response.
move along, save a little face, show some grace and bow out.
The longer this continues, the worse his "legacy" will be in GT football history

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
He's like one of those old dolls that talks when you pull the string. There are a limited number of prerecorded messages the doll can say. CGC says the same things over and over again and almost as randomly as the doll.

Elite effort

I love those guys

I won’t get into schematics because they are so complicated I don’t understand them myself

I leave what was said in the locker room

Greatest transformation in the history of college football

I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to 18 year olds

220 pound linemen don’t work anymore

I’m considered quite the defensive guru

Scattered smothered covered topped and diced

These pants seem a little tight. Should I still wear them?

Do you really think the undershirt under the hoodie vest is a good look?

I don’t need no stinking socks!

😂😂😂

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yep, always looking down. Never really looks at who is asking the question. Defeated? Arrogant? Both at the same time?😐
That was one of the first things I noticed about him. I know I could be making too much of it but my past experience tells me that someone who can’t make eye contact is either not a straight shooter or they lack confidence to do the job. Hiding under his hat drives me crazy because it means, intentionally or not, that someone doesn’t want to communicate with you.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are you even trying to defend this guy at all right now? Sounding like a uGA mole. We want him to feel the heat for once and give an honest answer!!!! He is a bull**** artist and so was his answer here!
so what is the "honest answer" you're looking for?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
so what is the "honest answer" you're looking for?
An apology. I have failed before heck everyone has Why not be a man? Stand up to the press and say “I am sorry Georgia Tech I have let you down. I have let myself down and I have failed at every aspect of this program.” I would respect him much more if he just took an honest responsibility for the way things have went instead of a repeated “it’s on me” comment.

zzzboy2524

Georgia Tech Fan
I am posting this bc I am fascinated...how would YOU answer that question at your job when you have 4 years of (unsatisfactory) data. I really don't have a clue what a person could/should say in that situation. I know some of you will chime in with something unrealistic such as "I deserve to be fired" but if that is your response, I am guessing you have never truly fired someone for performance. Sometimes, in my experience, people will own it it you are firing them for cause (violation of policy,etc.). But never for performance. Have you had different experiences in your career?
Are you geof collins.....?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
An apology. I have failed before heck everyone has Why not be a man? Stand up to the press and say “I am sorry Georgia Tech I have let you down. I have let myself down and I have failed at every aspect of this program.” I would respect him much more if he just took an honest responsibility for the way things have went instead of a repeated “it’s on me” comment.
We'll see what he has to say after he's let go tomorrow. Then would be time for the apology.

I don't feel sorry for Collins because he's a multi-millionaire, but I've nothing personal against him at all. He's just a guy who probably thought he could do a job, but can't.